• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Free version of Tracktion now available

Share/Bookmark

Free version of Tracktion now available

http://www.mackie.com/tracktionpromo

Mackie has now released a free version of their Tracktion audio/MIDI sequencer (PC or Mac). I thought Tracktion was a great deal for only $80, but you can get it free now. Version 2 of Tracktion is coming up soon and they want as many people to try it as possible, though having this free version will not give you any discount on v2.

I use Sonar 4 and Adobe Audition for most of what I do, but I was
    very impressed with Tracktion and its unique qualities and have used it for a few things with GPO. I highly recommend it (especially for free!) to anyone looking for an easy to use and very feature rich audio/MIDI sequencer. It also comes with a basic sampler and a nice multi-band mastering plug-in as well as some decent VST synths.
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Re: Free version of Tracktion now available

Quote Originally Posted by Shazbot
    audio/MIDI sequencer
    Is it easier to draw MIDI controllers in it comparing to Sonar? Or it has the same separate piano-roll window?
    Thanks
    sfiks

Quote Originally Posted by sfiks
    Is it easier to draw MIDI controllers in it comparing to Sonar? Or it has the same separate piano-roll window?
    Thanks
    Controller drawing is nicer in Tracktion, I would say. Try it out and see what you think. Mind you, Sonar is still leaps and bounds beyond Tracktion in most other respects, but for the sake of anyone looking for an inexpensive (uh, $0?!) alternative to Cubasis, I would definitely recommend at least trying out Tracktion.
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Question Re: Free version of Tracktion now available

Shaz,
    On small question. What are the system requirements for Tracktion? I have a laptop at work I was thinking of downloading to. Pen. II 256 MB ram Win 98 2nd edition.. Yes? No?

If I could only have GPO here.....
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Shaz,
    On small question. What are the system requirements for Tracktion? I have a laptop at work I was thinking of downloading to. Pen. II 256 MB ram Win 98 2nd edition.. Yes? No?

If I could only have GPO here.....
    I think it might work on there, at least for some basic projects. It's typically not very CPU intensive. Give it a try, eh?
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Yeah, the only problem is me rams is so low I couldn't use it with GPO if me lifesk depended on itsk! Uck Uck Uck!
    Styxx

Anyone using Tracktion know whether or not the Rewire support functions only as a host and NOT as a slave?

I'm using Audition 1.5 (which only functions as a "host".) and when I try to enable Rewire it tells me that no "rewire" slave devices are detected. If I have both Tracktion & Audition open, when I try to enable Rewire in Audition it tells me anothe "Rewire Host" is open and I must close it.

Thanks for any help!

Note: This offer expired on December 31.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Note: This offer expired on December 31.
    Bummer!!!!
    I was just getting ready to do it too!

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

I still think its worth everyone downloading the demo and giving it a go. I am very impressed with the software and its clean interface and ease of use. There are no limitations to number of VSTi's used (like Cubase SE or LE) or filters (VST effects), or audio tracks for that matter. At 80 bucks its a steal and the performance on my end is just as good if not better than its counterparts. I don't think you can go wrong if you are new to this and need to expand past Cubase VST or LE and don't want to break the bank.

I love it. Its been very stable so far and it has the right amount of features for the least amount of fuss.

Go Back to forum