• Register
  • Help

Topic: Do they really believe this garbage?

Share/Bookmark

Talking Do they really believe this garbage?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    http://www.time.com/time/columnist/f...0.html?cnn=yes

"....Bob Jones III, president of the conservative Christian university wrote a congratulatory letter to Bush the day after the election and told the president, “In your re-election, God has graciously granted America — though she doesn’t deserve it — a reprieve from the agenda of paganism. You have been given a mandate ... Don’t equivocate. Put your agenda on the front burner and let it boil. You owe the liberals nothing. They despise you because they despise your Christ.” ..."

LOL!

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Re: Do they really believe this garbage?

Nauseating.

By no means does Bob Jones speak for the majority of those who voted for Bush. And there are plenty of Kerry supporters with equally, though differently, warped perspectives.

Makes me want to vomit because Bob Jone's university is 30 minutes away. God I hate zealots.

Thumbs up Re: Do they really believe this garbage?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    God I hate zealots.
    I find that statement to be incredibly funny - Bob Jones (every generation of them) can kiss my pink behind -- but that was funny...
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    Why does religion have to be so black and white? It's the old "I'm right, you're wrong" argument.

I was raised Unitarian/Universalist, and my complaint with Unitarians is that they really don't believe in ANYTHING, except humanity (which is noble in it's own right) and having an open mind.

I guess I'm a Universalist through my upbringing, though. I believe (in some degree) in EVERYTHING. I think Jesus was/is amazing, but I also believe in Zen Bhuddism, Native American spirituality etc. etc. When I was gigging weekly for $$, my favorite weddings to play were Jewish. The people were so warm and genuine. I like the Hindus' concept of karma and reincarnation. Don't know much about the Muslims!

I remember talking to a Christian fundamentalist once on a flight. He said if you are not saved by Christ, you're going to Hell. I asked him about all the people in the interior of Africa who had never even heard of Jesus, and he said something like "too bad, God will damn them too."

That, my friends, as 2112 said, is "garbage".
    Ern: I don't think its so much the original teachings as they are all basically good, but the level of consciousness behind the individual messenger. there are lots of good evangelicals and there are born-again monsters: that look no further their own fear and bigotry. they preach not the message of christ
    but some bizarre self righthous political intolerant message of conditional salvation. these people know nothing about spirituality in its practical application but only memorizing passages and text.I found that same bob jones message form another source and was going to post it but why bother .let's hope the president doesn't take him to seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    I remember talking to a Christian fundamentalist once on a flight. He said if you are not saved by Christ, you're going to Hell. I asked him about all the people in the interior of Africa who had never even heard of Jesus, and he said something like "too bad, God will damn them too."
    Ern,

Didn't you hear? Jesus Christ 2.0, The Second Coming came back a few years ago, but only to deepest darkest Africa. He told the people there that he got a few details wrong the first time around and gave them all the straight story. Now they're saved, and the rest of us aren't. Didn't the flying fundamentalist get the memo? Damn.

-JF

Go Back to forum