• Register
  • Help

Topic: RMX Problem in PT

Share/Bookmark

RMX Problem in PT

Lovin it, lovin it, lovint it...but...

I'm in PT 6.7 cs1 Dual 1.8 G5 OS 10.3.6 with 1.5gb of ram. DAE buffer on level 2 with H/W buffers at 256. When searching for sounds RMX will quit working. No freeze, no crash...just no audio all of a sudden. I can make it happen quite often with the some of the sound menus like elastic or cinematic so it seems like it is a problem with large memory patches.

I try clearing the multi.....nothing works until I unload the plugin and then re-instantiate it. I am using the latest RMX. (1.0.8)

Re: RMX Problem in PT

Hi Kevin,

TDM right? HD?

Delay compensation active? How much?

I will look into recreating the issue you describe. In the meantime, could you please try something for me?

Set HW buffers to 512, open a New session with only RMX in it (and a midi track to trigger it.) Also, set your CPU usage to 85%.

Thanks!

HD Accel 2

I tried what you suggested. New session with only a stereo audio track and a midi track. Still does it. In fact I was able to nail down an exact sequence of events that will make it quit working.

-Open the plug and go to the directory page.
    -Select "Sound menus," Claps and snaps will come up and I can play those sounds from my midi keyboard
    - then select "retro hits" in the suites window. I can hear those sounds.
    -then select "Turntable FX" in the suites window....I can hear these
    -then select "retro hits" again.....and this is where it stops working.

I can repeat this with the same results every time. And oddly enough Protools unexpectedly quit when I was re-instantiating RMX one of those times. If Eric or anyone reads this who can decipher, I have the log file from that crash if it can help. It says "spectrasonics" a lot.

Kevin,

Try hitting the space bar (play transport then stop) a couple times.

Does the audio come back? If so, that's an old RTAS bug that seems to have re-appeared. Hope that helps.

Thats it. I remember that from classic stylus...don't know why I didn't think of it here. Thanks for your help. Does Spectrasonics know about this? ( Or need to know?)

Hi Kevin,

I reported it. (I'm the director of design at Spectrasonics.) Sorry, my signature did not reveal that.

I am a PT user and tester as well so I was very interested in your post. Thanks for the help. We are investigating this issue and hope to resolve it.

Also, I noticed that playing midi while a suite is loading seems to trigger the silence. If I am careful not to play midi while RMX loads - things run smoothly.

- Scott Frankfurt

Quote Originally Posted by bleachbro
    Hi Kevin,

Also, I noticed that playing midi while a suite is loading seems to trigger the silence. If I am careful not to play midi while RMX loads - things run smoothly.

- Scott Frankfurt
    Same here.

Thanks Scott!

Go Back to forum