• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Studio problems when more than 16 instruments

Share/Bookmark

Post GPO Studio problems when more than 16 instruments

I have a Dell 8250 with 1.5 GB memory, lots of disk space (over 100 GB), one Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, one M-Audio 2496, GPO and Finale 2005a. My problem is when I have more than 16 instruments defined in GPO Studio and try to play a song in Finale that I've written with 23 instruments. I have the Garritan Human Playback set in Finale but before my song starts playing I get loud distorted sounds from the instruments above channel 16. The song plays OK through to the end, but once it's done, I get another round of loud sounds from the above channel 16 instruments. If I remove the 3rd GPO instrument bank everything is fine, except that I can't use the instruments above channel 16. What's up? What more can I tell anyone that might be of help to solve this problem? I would like to add a few more instruments to this piece but would like to solve this problem first. This problem occurs whether I route the sound via the M-Audio card or the Audigy Pro card, using ASIO and SPDIF. This problem also occurs if I use the supplied Cubasis VST from Garritan and use GPO Studio to load the instruments, so I don't think it's a problem with Finale alone.

Re: GPO Studio problems when more than 16 instruments

How's the CPU usage on Studio? Can you check that?

Re: GPO Studio problems when more than 16 instruments

CPU usage according to GPO Studio never exceeds 30%. I use the dry version of the instruments.

Go Back to forum