• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale 2005 to audio file

Share/Bookmark

Finale 2005 to audio file

In finale, GPO sounds great.

How do I get that same great sound into an audio file?

When you do a special save in finale, it reverts back to softsynth instruments. If I export/save it as midi to import into a sequencer, (I have heard that MIDI will loose some of the settings) then I will have to do some more work on it, and besides, I don't even know if sequencers will save audio files using GPO. Any inputis welcome.

Thanks
    Jim

GPO, Finale 2006, Powermac Dual G4, 2 Gig ram, OS 10.4.1

Re: Finale 2005 to audio file

Hi Jim,

How do I get that same great sound into an audio file?
    You need to use the Record to File feature from GPO Studio 1.2. Save as Audio File from Finale will only use the currently selected sound font. Be sure to check "Optimize for GPO" in HP's prefs when you output to GPO.

If I export/save it as midi to import into a sequencer, (I have heard that MIDI will loose some of the settings)
    No, the MIDI file saved with HP doesn't lose anything.

I don't even know if sequencers will save audio files using GPO.
    Same answer: Record to File is the right track here.

Robert

Jim,

Here's the link to the most current version of GPO Studio.

http://www.garritan.com/GPOhost.html

JT

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Piéchaud
    You need to use the Record to File feature from GPO Studio 1.2. Save as Audio File from Finale will only use the currently selected sound font. Be sure to check "Optimize for GPO" in HP's prefs when you output to GPO.
    Thanks for clarifying. I can Record to file and the resulting file will sound like the GPO I am hearing in Finale. That is great! Great! it works! Now I can have the great sound in iTunes.

I am assuming Finale save HP with the MIDI, nothhing I have to change.

Had this option been talked about in the manual, then I might have figured it out myself.

Thanks for your dirctions.
    Jim

GPO, Finale 2006, Powermac Dual G4, 2 Gig ram, OS 10.4.1

Wait a sec -- even easier, if you're on a Mac (are you?) you can record audio directly using Audio Hijack ($16) or even Jack-OS X (Free) and another audio program like Audacity (Free).

I was stunned when I bought an XP machine that there's no easy way to do this -- it's an advantage of Core Audio.

Go Back to forum