• Register
  • Help

Topic: Wah wah effect - Brass Mute?

Share/Bookmark

Question Wah wah effect - Brass Mute?

Have an idea what I'm looking for? I was wondering if there is a way to do a wah wah mute effect with the brass? If not, is this something considered for the jazz lib? You know, that "plunger" closed open sound. Come on, you know! Here ... I'll play it for you, wait ... hold it ... I have to warm up the mouth piece ... oops, my lip got stuck to the ... ahhhhh! Help Help! It's so cold my lip stuck to the mouth piece HELP! Warm water! Warm water! ... ahhh that's more like it, thanks. Here, now wait, noweasynowwatchitnowwait! It sounds like this - --- - - - - -- - - - hear that? Make it sound just like that, OK?
    Styxx

Re: Wah wah effect - Brass Mute?

Since Tom is a trumpet player, I'm sure he'll work some magic with the Jazz/Big Band programming and soon we can retire that plunger to latrine duty.

Jeff

Re: Wah wah effect - Brass Mute?

Gee, I certainly hope one could integrate the jazz lib with GPO especially pertaining to saxophones. I do a lot of musicals and sax is in everything! I need to program it on a Roland sound module then import the sax tracks to Cubase. The only challenge is syncing the meter. As for the drums, I like doing myself live and mixing them down later.

I was surprised I didn't get any tips on how to use resonance on the muted brass to get the wah wah effect. Oh well.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum