• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Big Band prices...just wondering

Share/Bookmark

Big Band prices...just wondering

I've been wondering what the price of the planned Big Band add-on will be...but I've guessed that it's going to be quite expensive and that there will be two options - as a standalone plugin for a higher price and one that adds on to GPO for a lower price.

I'm guessing the price at $499 for the standalone version and $399 for the GPO add-on version. Seeing as though a jazz band is so damned hard to sample brass and horns in that playing style, I would easily understand if Big Band went for even double these prices - say $999 and $799!

I personally expect the prices to be pretty steep - at least $400. Maybe I'll be surprised, but a jazz band instrument set is a very, very heavy undertaking, much much harder than an orchestra since the basic articulations are quite easy with an orchestral setting - but when you go for jazz articulations you're looking at a much bigger monster. As far as size on disk goes, GPO is approx 2GB then I'd estimate the big band add on at about 6-10GB, 6GB minimum.

Cheers
    Ben

Re: Big Band prices...just wondering

I was expecting the price to be $50.

Just offering a counter suggestion, so if Gary is basing his price on customer expectation, it will be lower than your estimate! No way I could swing that. No pun intended.
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Why would you sell an upgrade for twice the price of the original?
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

I find it hard to believe that the library would retail for upwards of 300 dollars (of course, I could be wrong.) But rest assured that Gary will be release the Big Band module in the same vein as the rest of Garritan Personal Orchestra. And since this will probably be the case, you can count on the principal of the library being quality at an affordable price. I also wouldn't count on the library being gigs and gigs of data with thousands of articulations. That would be straying from the concept of Garritan Personal Orchestra. There will be sufficient articulations and samples to create realistic Jazz/Big Band performances and using the programming that everyone has grown familiar with. Quality, control, and accessibility over quanity.

Who is being sampled for the lead trumpet? I think it should be Wayne Bergeron or Roger Ingram!

http://www.waynebergeron.com/

http://www.rogeringram.com/

Quote Originally Posted by thesoundsmith
    Why would you sell an upgrade for twice the price of the original?
    I've been under the impression that the Big Band will be a seperate product, not a GPO upgrade. (Though I wouldn't be surprised if there's a special price for registered GPO users.)
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Thumbs up Re: Big Band prices...just wondering

I think you should all sit tight and not stoop to specious inquires. What ever the price may be we should all be comfortable in the knowledge that the new lib will be of first-rate quality and worth every penny.
    Styxx

What the?

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    I think you should all sit tight and not stoop to specious inquires. What ever the price may be we should all be comfortable in the knowledge that the new lib will be of first-rate quality and worth every penny.
    In other words, when you ASSUME you make an ~~~ of U and ME.

From what I've heard Gary say, it sounds like it will be an add-on to GPO using the same player and just installing itself into your instruments folder. From Gary's track record you can bet it will be offered to GPO owners for like $99 or less.

I suppose it will be offered too with it's own player, with the option of buying GPO as an 'add-on'!

We'll find out...........................

Go Back to forum