• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: I can't stop!

Share/Bookmark

Talking I can't stop!

If Mama Cas would have given Karen Carpenter half her sandwich they would both be alive today!
    wholly chipes that's badt! Almost as bad as - Sandy Duncan and Sammy Davis Jr., couldnt see eye to eye!
    Oh, no! Please, some one lock me up!
    Styxx

Re: I can't stop!

Quote Originally Posted by styxx
    Sandy Duncan and Sammy Davis Jr., couldnt see eye to eye!
    Ooh, that is bad! I don't think Sammy would mind, though, he had a great sense of humor.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

For it's time, Carpenters stuff was so cool, what memories it brings to surface when I hear "What Do You Get" and Goodbye To Love", and of course, Close To You, what a huge sad loss. I remember exactly where I was driving when I heard the news on the radio.
    Dan

In my circles I'd get flayed for admitting I like The Carpenters, but man!! What production!! Those huge stacked vocals!! The drum sound!! And Karen had an amazing voice. Of course, now that Elvis Costello has made Burt Bacharat cool again it's not quite so unhip to dig The Carpenters. (The only things I could never forgive them for were those awful covers like Ticket To Ride and Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft...)

Just curious, where does the username "Styxx" come from?
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    Just curious, where does the username "Styxx" come from?
    All through grade school, high school, and college, you would never catch me without a pair of drumsticks. My friends gave me the nickname although it was spelled Sticks. Seven years ago I joined my twin brothers band "Kixx" and people started spelling my nick name with the yxx. My close friends hardly call me styxx anymore but once in a while it's mentioned.
    Truthfully? I'm a woodsman and I always ask my coworkers how many sticks we gonna chop today?
    Styxx

Ah, that makes sense. It has nothing to do with the River Styxx . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    Ah, that makes sense. It has nothing to do with the River Styxx . . .
    Or worse, the band

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    If Mama Cas would have given Karen Carpenter half her sandwich they would both be alive today!
    wholly chipes that's badt! Almost as bad as - Sandy Duncan and Sammy Davis Jr., couldnt see eye to eye!
    Oh, no! Please, some one lock me up!
    Yea, I was so upset when I heard about Karen that I couldn't stop throwing up.
    (I feel Gary up in cyberspace getting ready to hit us with my trout)

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Red face Re: I can't stop!

I have to admit that I actually saw the Carpenters in concert when I was about sixteen. However, in my defense, it was just to get a date with this really hot chick that loved them (it's driving me crazy just to think back about the body of this girl). I enjoyed the show, but I may never know if it was the music or the incredible rack of gear.

Go Back to forum