• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mod wheel: what's in Delano's environment?

Share/Bookmark

Mod wheel: what's in Delano's environment?

I see that a couple of environments have been posted that solve the mod wheel problem (not sure that it's a bug; more like an unfortunate design decision).

Can I use these environments in a song I've already written? Or can I only use them to make a new song? (A readme file would be nice.) In the latter case, can someone give me a pointer to how to incorporate the basic idea in a song I have?

Many thanks,

Victor.

Re: Mod wheel: what's in Delano's environment?

Tennessee Vic,

The logic environments were provided by a user as a workaround to the logic reset to zero bug. In previous versions of Logic, whenever you hit the stop button, the mod wheel would reset to zero. Maybe it is more of an unfortunate design decision by Emagic than a bug, but an inconvenience nevertheless.

We went through the trouble of reprogramming the library with the X-Custom folders primarily for Logic users. (See Joseph Burrell's excellent tutorial posted here). Native Instruments provided new features in the player that made it possible to reassign controllers within the player.

As luck would have it, when the GPO updates were released - so was Logic 7. In Logic 7, the reset to zero problem has been fixed. Users now have the option of having controller data left as is, or reset automatically.

Peter Delano's environment is no longer needed. It was a temporary solution that has helped many Logic users and I appreciate Peter rising to the ocassion and providing this workaround. If you have Logic 7 then just set it accordingly. Otherwise use the new X-Custom folders. Hope this helps.

Gary Garritan

Re: Mod wheel: what's in Delano's environment?

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    We went through the trouble of reprogramming the library with the X-Custom folders primarily for Logic users.
    Cool.

As you probably know, Logic 7 is not a free upgrade, so I'll try this first. I was hoping to those pennies in my pocket for a while.

V.

Go Back to forum