• Register
  • Help

Topic: Rewire question!

Share/Bookmark

Rewire question!

Please, I am trying to figure out this:

Suppose that I open GS and record several instruments. After that I decide to freeze the rewire channel so that I can free CPU and RAM to record a new set of channels. Now that Rewire is freezed, the rewire channel should be disconnected wich makes GS3 unavailable for recording more instruments. (that happens with reason in rewire mode, for example) Is there a way to avoid this, or am I right to think that the best option would be bouncing the instruments one by one manually instead of freezing?
    Last edited by Guga Bernardo; 11-12-2004 at 02:55 PM. Reason: typing

Re: Rewire question!

Humm... no one?

Re: Rewire question!

Quote Originally Posted by Guga Bernardo
    Please, I am trying to figure out this:

Suppose that I open GS and record several instruments. After that I decide to freeze the rewire channel so that I can free CPU and RAM to record a new set of channels. Now that Rewire is freezed, the rewire channel should be disconnected wich makes GS3 unavailable for recording more instruments. (that happens with reason in rewire mode, for example) Is there a way to avoid this, or am I right to think that the best option would be bouncing the instruments one by one manually instead of freezing?
    Hi Guga,

actually I never use the freeze option. I tried it once with tha latest update of Cubase SX 2 and it messed up the automation. Also it is really slow ( though I dont know how it is in SX 3 ).
    I think the best ist you bounce your tracks and then mute the original ones.

About freezing with Rewire...maybe its a limitation of the Rewire protocol, but
    I'm not so sure about it.
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

Go Back to forum