• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: First Vintaudio GS3 Ultimate Yamaha C7 User comments :)

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up First Vintaudio GS3 Ultimate Yamaha C7 User comments :)

This was sent to me by Alsatair King, he is a successful british composer who's worked on major T.V. and film projects and as also collaborated with Hans Zimmer, here's what he had to say about our new GS3 24 bit Ultimate Yamaha C7 collection :

Quote Originally Posted by Alastair King
    Hi Franky,

Just a quick note to say how fabulous your new GS3 version of the C7 is. I
    thought the 24-bit version would be generally better but this is a HUGE
    improvement. It now really does sound as if the piano is right there under
    my fingers. The transitions between layers are so smooth and the sound now
    has a real depth to it. I own several other piano libraries but right now,
    even after just an hour of using it, this is my clear favourite. Many
    thanks and congratulations - I hope you get many more sales of this.

Best wishes,

Alastair King

Kindly
    Franky
    Vintaudio
    www.vintaudio.com

Re: First Vintaudio GS3 Ultimate Yamaha C7 User comments :)

Franky-

I have the 24-bit EXS24 version (which is great). Are there any major differences between that and the new GS3 version?

Smile Re: First Vintaudio GS3 Ultimate Yamaha C7 User comments :)

Hi Sean, yes the GS3 version is much different since it was totally redesigned from the ground up for GS3, there are more transition velocities (twice as much), Pedal noise FX and most importantly of all we went back to the studio where we initially recorded the library to capture impulses from the bridge and body of the piano to use in conjunction with gigapulse, so the library comes with 2 sets of impulses, bridge and body resonance, this really makesthe piano come alive and helps bring out the character of the piano, just listen to these 2 first Ambient demos using Gigapulse and you'll hear what I mean, also listen to the transition from soft to forte, you will notice how much smoother it is. :

Soundboard Resonance (a more woody darker sound):
    www.vintaudio.com/VintAmbsoundboard1.mp3

Bridge Resonance ( much brighter than the soundboard version):
    www.vintaudio.com/VintAmbBridge1.mp3

Kindly
    Franky
    Vintaudio
    www.vintaudio.com

I had the chance to try the GS2 version before and even that is a very good quality sample library ! Congratulations ! I am positive that the GS3 imporvements will make it even better.
    regards
    maszat

Franky,
    Impressive and expresive demos.
    Tell me. How will the GS3 version convert to ESX24 (with Logics own conversion or with something like CDXtract)?

Also, I see you are offering an upgrade to guys who already own the 24bit version. Good deal.

Thanks!
    My name is Elmer J. Fudd, I own a mansion and a yacht.

Dual 1ghz G4 (quicksilver), Mac OSX.3.5, 1gb RAM, Logic Pro 6.4.3, Yamaha 01X, Tannoy PBM 6.5's

Cool Re: First Vintaudio GS3 Ultimate Yamaha C7 User comments :)

Franky

Hands down, thee best demos I've ever heard that approach the sound of a real acoustic piano. I have never heard of your company before, its such a pleasant surprise, just when I thought I've just about covered all the piano libraries out there. I've never been a big fan of Yamaha pianos, I've always thought of them to be too bright. But this one sounds amazing and sounds like a real recording.

So the 2 demos posted above were created using GS3 and body resonance impulse only, I presume. Was there any other processing applied to it. The demos at your site do not sound nearly as nice. I guess the soundboards make all the difference in the world.

So Franky, If I get GS3 and your library, would I be able to get the exact same kind of sound that you have for the 2 demos above. The sound you have of your first demo with the more woody darker sound, it's the kind of sound I've been looking for. I do not have a dedicated GS3 machine. Would I be able to get away with just one machine.

My DAW
    P4 (2.8) with 2 gb ram, 1 HD for OS, 1 HD for audio, pair of 10,000 rpm HD in raid0 for samples.
    Win XP and cubase SX.

Awesome job
    Please keep me posted

I meant something similar : I was only looking for Steinways and Bosendorfers so far, because I thought Yamaha is too bright, too much "pop music" sounding .

Quote Originally Posted by ElmerJFudd
    Franky,
    Impressive and expresive demos.
    Tell me. How will the GS3 version convert to ESX24 (with Logics own conversion or with something like CDXtract)?

Also, I see you are offering an upgrade to guys who already own the 24bit version. Good deal.

Thanks!
    Hi Elmer, I wouldn't count on EXS24 being able to convert the library properly, this is really a GS3 native version, with all that it implies, however we only charge $39.95 for 24 bit versions to other 24 bit versions crossgrades(EXS24,Kontakt,Halion ) crossgrading to GS3 from any of these versions is $59.95, so if you want the EXS24 version you'd be better off purchasing the crossgrade and getting the 24 bit EXS version we designed specifically for EXS24.

Quote Originally Posted by ddarwin7
    Franky

Hands down, thee best demos I've ever heard that approach the sound of a real acoustic piano. I have never heard of your company before, its such a pleasant surprise, just when I thought I've just about covered all the piano libraries out there. I've never been a big fan of Yamaha pianos, I've always thought of them to be too bright. But this one sounds amazing and sounds like a real recording.
    Thanks ddarwin7, we did spend a huge amount of production time doing research to find the best C7 we could find, we tried at least 20 and recorded 3 different C7's before choosing this one

Quote Originally Posted by ddarwin7
    So the 2 demos posted above were created using GS3 and body resonance impulse only, I presume. Was there any other processing applied to it. The demos at your site do not sound nearly as nice. I guess the soundboards make all the difference in the world.

So Franky, If I get GS3 and your library, would I be able to get the exact same kind of sound that you have for the 2 demos above. The sound you have of your first demo with the more woody darker sound, it's the kind of sound I've been looking for. I do not have a dedicated GS3 machine. Would I be able to get away with just one machine..
    The demos have absolutly no processing whatsoever besides Gigapulse, so the answer to your question is yes you'd be getting exactly the sound you hear in the demos and even beter because these are MP3 and dithered down to 16 bits obviously so in fact it will sound better than the demos.

The first demo is made with the soundboard resonance impulses and it does have a darker woody sound, the second demo is done using bridge resonance impulses (both sets of impulses were recorded with the exact same piano we used to make the library).

Your system specs are higher than the ones in the PC I used to make the demos, so yup your system specs are fine

Kindly
    Franky
    Vintaudio
    www.vintaudio.com

Thumbs up Re: First Vintaudio GS3 Ultimate Yamaha C7 User comments :)

Thanks Franky for answering my questions

I can see that you've spent a lot of time and effort in creating this product. When you've done your homework, it shows. Just yesterday if you would have asked me if I would consider a Yamaha C7 library, I would have blindly said No. Why would I want a 7 1/2 foot piano library when I could have a 9 foot one.

I will be ordering GS3 shortly, and following that I will order your C7 library. Just a suggestion, I think you should include the above demos in your demo web page. The body resonance impulse really closes the gap in achieving the desirable acoustical sound.

Can't explains to you how impressed I am with your demos above.
    Very nice job.

Go Back to forum