• Register
  • Help

Topic: question for Michiel Post

Share/Bookmark

question for Michiel Post

Hi Michiel,

Will my emac 1,25 / 768 / 30 gb be able to run the Grandioso Bösendorfer 290 PLUG-IN?

Do I need a external interface? And if yes, will an usb 1 be suffiecient?

Thanks!

Michiel Zweers - Rijswijk

Re: question for Michiel Post

Quote Originally Posted by michielzweers
    Hi Michiel,
    Will my emac 1,25 / 768 / 30 gb be able to run the Grandioso Bösendorfer 290 PLUG-IN?
    Yes, it will. The software will run and when DFD streaming is enabled you will get rather nice playback results. More memory would result in more voices (and make the disk streaming less critical) but your system would perform ok. If you plan to take it on stage you may consider an extra FireWire drive and to fill it to the maximum with RAM (just to make sure you have enough headroom).

Do I need a external interface? And if yes, will an usb 1 be suffiecient?
    Do you need an interface? I think so. If you would use the COREAUDIO driver with the built-in soundport of the Emac you have a low quality sound system and no midi port. I would recommend using a better quality cheap USB audio/midi card.
    Will USB1 work? In theory and practice: yes. The USB1 interface standard is just fast enough to deliver 2 streams of stereo 44.1kHz/16 bit audio (CD-Quality). I use two USB interfaces for mobile use (M-Audio and the TASCAM USB unit) and never had problems on USB1 ports.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Go Back to forum