• Register
  • Help

Topic: Fallujah. NICE TIMING

Share/Bookmark

Fallujah. NICE TIMING

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    from the great mind of a moron...
    HMM... ok now that the pesky election is over we can now proceed in Fallujah... let me check with cheney and angry jesus ..

of course we did so at the expense of more soliders being picked off daily.
    way to go tough guy bush. might want to go back to cheerleading!

Re: Fallujah. NICE TIMING

The U.S. is now in a really tough situation. We can't just pull out, since that would leave Iraq in a much worse situation than under Saddam. Therefore, our ONLY hope of ever leaving Iraq is to stabilize the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Hines
    The U.S. is now in a really tough situation. We can't just pull out, since that would leave Iraq in a much worse situation than under Saddam. Therefore, our ONLY hope of ever leaving Iraq is to stabilize the country.
    I suspect, though, that they don't want to leave all that oil behind or lose an important military/geopolitical foothold; so we're not going to see a withdrawal (and an end to unecessary suffering and HUGE loss of Iraqi lives) until the oil is securely in US hands and a permanent military base is set up. That's what "stabilize" really means.

JG

True. Regardless of who won the election, the US military will not leave Iraq anytime soon.

When will we leave Okinawa?
    When will we leave Germany?
    When will we leave England?

The US military never leaves.
    Except in the case that Saudi Arabia asks us to.

-JF

Actually, Bush wanted to pull us out of Germany, and Kerry opposed it, as well did the Germans.

My guess is that Bush proposed pulling out of Germany as a negotiation tactic for more allowances from the German government. Considering the logistical role that German bases have been playing in the war in Iraq, I'd be very surprised if Bush really wanted to shut down all of the US bases in Germany.

But who knows. It's easy to judge what people do, and much harder to judge what people intend to do.

-JF

Go Back to forum