• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Listen To Harry Potter Mock-Ups!

Share/Bookmark

Listen To Harry Potter Mock-Ups!

The music of John Williams. The 3 soundtracks from the Harry Potter films fully mocked-up. For those who are really, really, REALLY interested (audition a few audio clips):

The Harry Potter Collection

Good luck!

------------
    Alex Cremers

Re: Listen To Harry Potter Mock-Ups!

WOW, that´s what I call impressive...

a real MUST-have for the personal soundtrack-Collection.

- Unparalleled realism, achieved with up-to-date or even tomorrows equipment.

- Ultra-sweet orchestral textures with the richest sound possible with todays most wanted orchestra libraries.

- A unique chance to study, how the pros approach such a difficult task.

This really is a dream come true for me...

I don't see the point of wanting a mock-up CD of an already existing recording if obviously the original recording sounds as real as it should be. I see no reason as to why anybody would want this CD unless the sequencer provides his midi files for others who may want to learn how he sequenced.

Eesh. It sounds pretty mediocre to me. Definitely not something I'd listen to in place of the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmy
    but outside of that...what do you think?
    in the words of Austin Powers "This sort of thing ain't my bag baby"

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmy
    but outside of that...what do you think?

I think they're gonna get sued- did they grant licenses for this???

Did MASK (the performer(s)) do it by ear? Or does he have access to the full scores? And yes, who authorized this?! The cover doesn't speak of electronic mock-ups. Some people might mistake this for the real thing. They think they got a bargain (3 soundtracks for the price of one) but they might be really dissappointed when they come home.

PS. MASK also released Troy.

------------
    Alex Cremers

Hmmmm, I have to say I wasn't really impressed with the mock-ups. Way to wet for my liking and the strings sounded very fake to my ears. It would seem what they are doing is illegal as well, but I don't really know that for sure.
    Alot of the orchestration and parts don't sound right musically also.
    Sorry if this sounds negative, but just my 2 cents worth.

Honestly, it sounded too fake.. too "MIDI" to me. Plus, I don't get it.. why would someone buy these CDs when you can buy the real thing by Williams? As Conan O'Brien would say: HUH?!?!?!?!
    Sam Hulick
    Composer
    http://www.samhulick.com/

Can't vouch for how the laws go in Germany, but in the US, since this stuff has been released on record, then as long as he's paid that statutory mechanical royalties, he's ok. HFA even handles the licensing for this one.

Go Back to forum