• Register
  • Help

Topic: Serious drop outs using GVA/MOL

Share/Bookmark

Serious drop outs using GVA/MOL

After a few run minutes (sometimes seconds) notes within a chord start to end early all the time! It seems to happen when I'm using the GVA midi or MOL midi, when I use hardware midi everything is fine. I really NEED to get this working because GVA/MOL midi is SO much tighter than hardware. Anyone else experiecing this?
    PS: I've tried 3.01 and 3.02

Re: Serious drop outs using GVA/MOL

Sorry, I get dropouts in ANY configuation now, this is really bad...

Quote Originally Posted by beatpete
    Sorry, I get dropouts in ANY configuation now, this is really bad...
    i had the same on different systems (6 different pc´s).
    i send a report to tascam with absolutly no response.
    this was about 3 weeks ago.
    Digital AudionetworX

Angry Re: Serious drop outs using GVA/MOL

Yes, I get drop outs all the time, it's driving me nuts.

To be honest, I'm utterly sick of Tascam.

If you are going to release software:

a) Don't announce it months before it's ready and then delay the release date month after month after month . . .

b) make sure it works before you release it.

c) Organise your support centre.

d) Take a leaf out of Apple/Logic 7's book.

Yarico

I just figured out my drop out problem(I think...). After 2 days of going crazy I deleted a drum kit I had made from my performance and, voila, no more drop outs. The kit in question is a kit I had made from my own samples BUT I had added a few instuments (and assosiated parameters/samples) from Larry Seyer's kit that came with Giga 3. For some reason, mixing these other instuments with my kit caused all the other instruments loaded in my performance to drop notes. How weird is that? I rebuilt my drum kit with ONLY my own samples and everything works fine again. I find this a very strange phenomonen but I thought I'd share with you my experience (and ultimate fix)...

Glad you sorted it - thanks for letting me know. I haven't created any drum kits, but what I have done is create strings and brass instruments with keyswitches galore - if that is what's causing it, then there's definitely some kind of bug in GS, because it never happened in 2.5. I'm going to try and convert them to the latest Gig - although, having said that, I've had a lot of problems with that too. The computer just seems to hang.

Yrco

Go Back to forum