• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: New Vintaudio Yamaha C7 GS3 24 bit Ambient Demos with Soundboard & Bridge Res

Share/Bookmark

Smile New Vintaudio Yamaha C7 GS3 24 bit Ambient Demos with Soundboard & Bridge Res

Well, here are the first 2 demos with body and bridge resonance in 24 bit for GS3.
    I played very very softly at first and played progressivly louder so you can hear how much smoother it is when played softly so dont put your speakers up too loud at the beginning or they might just burst when I start playing ff

These were done with no processing other than the resonance impulses from gigapulse, no reverb or any other processing was added.
    The demos were done using audio capture directly in GS3 played live.

Soundboard Resonance (a more woody darker sound):
    www.vintaudio.com/VintAmbsoundboard1.mp3

Bridge Resonance ( much brighter than the soundboard version):
    www.vintaudio.com/VintAmbBridge1.mp3

I'll be posting the close miked and player perspective demos tommorow

KIndly
    Franky
    Vintaudio
    www.vintaudio.com

Re: New Vintaudio Yamaha C7 GS3 24 bit Ambient Demos with Soundboard & Bridge Res

Franky

Fantastic! You have a remarkable piano here. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

It sounds so real and what I like about it is the fact that you can play very gentle passages!

Incredible!

Dave

Smile Re: New Vintaudio Yamaha C7 GS3 24 bit Ambient Demos with Soundboard & Bridge Res

Thanks Dave, what's really cool is I was able to make these with only a AMD XP2600 and 1 Gig of Ram, however I highly recommend a AMD XP3200 or P4 2.8 or higher and at least 1.5 Gigs of Ram as recommended by Tascam for GS3.

One of the main problems with high cpu usage using gigapulse is that since your using 2 sets of impulses for a grand piano (Pedal Up and Pedal Down resonance) you can not bypass either gigapulse instances while the other one is playing, gigapulse will kind of bypass but the instance is still using as much cpu power, you can assign gigapulse to the "bypass" button when you press down the sustain pedal but at this moment when you release the sustain pedal the gigapulse instance still stays bypassed, if they can implement it so that you can control bypassing a gigapulse instance so that when you press down the sustain pedal it bypasses the instance and when you release the sustain pedal it releases the bypass then that's 50% less cpu usage right there, I will forward this to Tascam and I'm really hoping they implement this.

Btw, your copy is out the door this morning, thanks for your order Dave

Kindly
    Franky
    VIntaudio
    www.vintaudio.com

Re: New Vintaudio Yamaha C7 GS3 24 bit Ambient Demos with Soundboard & Bridge Res

Hi Franky, congrats and WOW what a difference!
    The bridge resonance impulses is a very good idea and it works very well. Very cool new feature and it's good to see you jumped on the GS3 wagon to take advantage of the new options.
    The demo sounds amazing.

Regarding the GP embedded IR's. If you save a Gig file during the encoding process and "burn" the Impulse plus GP settings in an instrument there is currently no way to disable the GP CLU load. But when you "burn" the GP content to a separate small gig file that can be stacked on the main instrument you overcome this problem. The user can chose to stack the GP gig file or not saving CPU when needed. Just an idea.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

I have been listenning to a lot of samples on the forum as I am new to the forum , and I am just getting started setting up a computer for GS3 ...These samples are probably the best samples I have heard !!....VERY natural sounding , with no fake sounding ambience at all !!....I'm impressed....These samples will be on my short list of samples to buy ....Thanks for taking the time to utilize the added benefits of GS3....Sincerely, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Michiel Post
    Hi Franky, congrats and WOW what a difference!
    The bridge resonance impulses is a very good idea and it works very well. Very cool new feature and it's good to see you jumped on the GS3 wagon to take advantage of the new options.
    The demo sounds amazing.

Regarding the GP embedded IR's. If you save a Gig file during the encoding process and "burn" the Impulse plus GP settings in an instrument there is currently no way to disable the GP CLU load. But when you "burn" the GP content to a separate small gig file that can be stacked on the main instrument you overcome this problem. The user can chose to stack the GP gig file or not saving CPU when needed. Just an idea.
    Hi Michiel, thanks for the compliment, it's really apreciated.
    I tried bouncing the IRs to Gig many times but I kept getting a "could not close chuck" error so I'd kind of given up after trying this on 2 seperate machines but your post made me think to try a earlier version of GS3 and it works so thanks for making my mind work on the problem again, the lightbulb finally shined.

Kindly
    Franky
    Vintaudio

Quote Originally Posted by Franky
    Hi Michiel, thanks for the compliment, it's really apreciated.
    I tried bouncing the IRs to Gig many times but I kept getting a "could not close chuck" error so I'd kind of given up after trying this on 2 seperate machines but your post made me think to try a earlier version of GS3 and it works so thanks for making my mind work on the problem again, the lightbulb finally shined.
    Well... I've been playing around with the library with embedded instances of gigapulse and it doesnt reduce cpu usage at all, I merely get 2 voices more with embedded impulse than without, and it just doesnt sound right, the way I've got Gigapulse originally in the aux sends section just sounds way much better and there isn't enough cpu gain by embedding the impulses.

However, I've talked with somebody very high up in the GS3 development team and they are aware of the bypass issue and although I'm the first one to mention it, they will try and prioritize this since it can make such a dramatic improvment in cpu usage when using gigapulse in conjunction with large piano libraries and impulses, so I'm hoping it gets implemented soon, we're talking 50% cpu usage reduction, that's huge.

Kindly
    Franky
    Vintaudio
    www.vintaudio.com

Hi Franky,
    true, I found stacking is not saving any CPU when GP is active, it just leaves the user the choice not to use the GP effect at all, saving CPU power. This could work in a scenario where you build your song with many instruments loaded and all GP instances removed. During mixdown you enable the GP's and bounce the tracks (as many as your CPU allows). Your idea of completely cutting a bypassed GP from CPU work load is much better and I'm certain TASCAM implements it soon.

I forgot to mention I join the "believers" that your C7 is the best sampled C7 available in the market today, at least to my ears! A great achievement. And once more, your idea of capturing the IR of the bridge resonance as well as the overall soundboard resonance is unique and sounds marvellous!
    best,
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

I forgot to mention I join the "believers" that your C7 is the best sampled C7 available in the market today, at least to my ears! A great achievement. And once more, your idea of capturing the IR of the bridge resonance as well as the overall soundboard resonance is unique and sounds marvellous!
    best,
    Thank you Michiel, I'm honored you feel that way, coming from you it's quite a compliment, thanks again.

Hi Franky,
    true, I found stacking is not saving any CPU when GP is active, it just leaves the user the choice not to use the GP effect at all, saving CPU power. This could work in a scenario where you build your song with many instruments loaded and all GP instances removed. During mixdown you enable the GP's and bounce the tracks (as many as your CPU allows). Your idea of completely cutting a bypassed GP from CPU work load is much better and I'm certain TASCAM implements it soon.
    Hi Michiel, yes I really hoped it would help the cpu load but it doesnt affect it at all, you can acheive the same thing as you describe above by pressing bypass on the gigapulse insert.

Kindly
    Franky
    Vintaudio
    www.vintaudio.com

I hope to get the G3 version soon. I still haven't gotten around to installing G3...

At any rate, this is a great piano sample! I have both the current G2.5 and Halion versions, and it is one of the best samples out there. can't wait to get the new and improved version!!

Go Back to forum