• Register
  • Help

Topic: LOGIC - PC with Gigastudio OR Mac with racks?

Share/Bookmark

LOGIC - PC with Gigastudio OR Mac with racks?

Hello.

I have been a Logic Audio Mac user for 10 years now.
    I am building a new studio at the moment and my big dillema is:

Should I switch to Logic for PC and gain all the advantages of software like giga and have ALL my sounds
    on my computer without needing to buy all those racks?

Or should I stay with Logic Audio with Mac? Is there any software with huge collection of sounds like the giga is for PC? I find this extremely convenient and its sounds are remarkable.

Or...? Can it be combined i.e. 2 computers - one mac for logic and a pc for giga??? If yes, how will these two will communicate?

I would be truly helpful if you could help me.

Thanks in advance.

Christos Stavrinides

Re: LOGIC - PC with Gigastudio OR Mac with racks?

Quote Originally Posted by panik11
    Hello.

I have been a Logic Audio Mac user for 10 years now.
    I am building a new studio at the moment and my big dillema is:

Should I switch to Logic for PC and gain all the advantages of software like giga and have ALL my sounds
    on my computer without needing to buy all those racks?

Or should I stay with Logic Audio with Mac? Is there any software with huge collection of sounds like the giga is for PC? I find this extremely convenient and its sounds are remarkable.

Or...? Can it be combined i.e. 2 computers - one mac for logic and a pc for giga??? If yes, how will these two will communicate?

I would be truly helpful if you could help me.

Thanks in advance.

Christos Stavrinides
    Much as I hate MACs I would advise sticking with Logic on MAC; the PC version is now defunct, so if you want to go the PC route, there are many better options. I think that Giga PC with MAC Logic is probably your best bet, although some people do it all on 1 MAC. I personally try to keep my DAW as free as possible from samples and samplers.

Daryl

Thumbs up Re: LOGIC - PC with Gigastudio OR Mac with racks?

Hi Christos!

I am putting a similar setup like yours! Just ordered a dual 2 ghz G5 for logic pro 7. I also have a PC running Giga 3 at the moment.
    I have an RME hammerfall 9652 card in the GS 3 computer and plan to bring the audio in with ADAT optical from the PC to the Mac. I will use the M-audio 1814 firewire card with ADAT optical in. I plan to monitor the audio from giga in the mixer of logic through the ADAT connection and send the midi from Logic with Musiclab's MidioverLan CP 2 .
    The advantage of MidioverLan is that i won't be needing and extra midi interface for the PC and MidioverLan has 8 midi ports available and has better latency specs (apparently..)
    I hope it's gonna work! I'll post back with my results!

best

Yves

Go Back to forum