• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: SPCR On Air Personalities

Share/Bookmark

SPCR On Air Personalities

I've asked the folks who are doing the announcer work for Show Programming Community Radio (SPCR), i.e. our regular on air personalities, to register at the forums here so that they could get to know everyone. Part of their work will be offering introductions and comments to the music played, mentioning a bit about the composer and that particular piece. That information will come from the info you provide us, of course, but it's also their creative turf to express it in the coolest way possible. To that end, I figured if they got to know you folks, they could do it even cooler.

So, allow me to introduce...

Deirdre Smathers

Deirdre has a long background in music including education in voice, piano, saxaphone, bassoon, and also dabbling in flute. Additionally, she's worked in various aspects of the music industry over the years, such as her time working at the original record label for the American rock group Sister Hazel. She also does wonderful voiceover work in the studio, including her participation on the companion audio CD that accompanied my last book. She has a great love of music and a pronouced appreciation for artists of all styles. She currently resides in Atlanta, GA, USA, which makes it much easier for me to have cappuccino with her during recording sessions.

Charlie Aldenderfer

Also a local Atlanta resident (although he's more likely to enjoy a glass of fine wine than my cappuccino at recording sessions), Charlie has a background of working with local broadcast stations here as an on air personality. He currently enjoys playing guitar in his spare time, although I'm not really sure of the last time I saw him slow down long enough to declare the time "spare". He has a wide range of tastes in music, making him perfect for the diverse group of composers we have here. In addition to his work as a personality on SPCR, he's also working with me on some syndicated talk show projects I have in the works in the area of helping people improve their lives and achieve their dreams.

I think you'll find both Charlie and Deirdre to be entertaining, fun and friendly folks to hang out with. They've both expressed a great deal of enthusiasm for working with this station and are looking forward to sharing the virtual airwaves with the talented collection of people we have here. I hope you all take the time to get to know them. Together, we'll all have a great deal of fun!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Re: SPCR On Air Personalities

Allow me to be the first to welcome Deirdre Smathers and Charlie Aldenderfer to our unique GPO forum family! Make yourself comfortable and join in on our posts. Looking forward to conversing with both of you soon. On behalf of all of us here, a warm welcome!

By the way - Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
    Styxx

Smile Re: SPCR On Air Personalities

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Allow me to be the first to welcome Deirdre Smathers and Charlie Aldenderfer to our unique GPO forum family! Make yourself comfortable and join in on our posts. Looking forward to conversing with both of you soon. On behalf of all of us here, a warm welcome!

By the way - Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

I would like to thank the great wizard for such a warm welcome! Curtain or not, I look forward to the "reveal" throughout the coming days, months, and as long as you'll have me! I'm excited for my great friend Mr. Duncan, and understand that he couldn't have asked for a more delightful group with whom to associate. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to see....a man about an internet radio station! (And my little dog, too.....)

Thank you again. The pleasure is mine.

Red face Re: SPCR On Air Personalities

Welcome both!

I'm the residant organist here in the community, or at least Gary said that in the last chat session. Gary!? Has that changed?

Well, I just hope that you both will enjoy my music and of course all the other fine GPO music floating around.

Again, welcome!
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Welcome to the GPO Community Charlie and Deirdre!
    Both of you have unique talents and we are honored you are here with us. You will find this a wonderful and supportative community.

I am looking forward to the launch of the Community Radio you and Christopher are starting. If there is any way we can be of help, let us know.

It seems like a trip to Atlanta is in order in the not-too-distant-future. We have some fabulous members in Atlanta.

Thanks again for joining us. I think you are going to like it here.

Gary Garritan

Ya know what? Brain storm! Atlanta is where we could have a convention.
    Yes? NO? Maybe?
    Styxx

Yes? NO? Maybe?
    Road trip! Oh, wait, I'm already here... Dang!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Welcome Deirdre and Charlie! And thank you for doing what you're doing, I am very excited! Nice to have you with us.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Yes? NO? Maybe?
    Well, it's a two hour drive so I'd fer sher be there!!

(Or is that going to keep everyone away now)

Well howdy folks and thanks for the warm welcome! I`m really looking forward to working with Chris and Deirdre on this and getting to know everyone out there as well. This is a new foray for this kid so bear with me while I get to know the ropes. As far as I`m concerned, if you`ve got good company, good wine and good music, the good vibe will take care of itself! More to come...........

Go Back to forum