• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Internet Radio Station for GPO Composers

Share/Bookmark

Arrow Internet Radio Station for GPO Composers

Theings have evolved since I first started this project, so I wanted to bring this post up to date. The Composer Channel is an Internet radio station, offered as a service of my www.ShowProgramming.com site, featuring music from the community here who use GPO, GOS, or anything else Gary comes up with. I did this to help promote the music I'm hearing here. You guys are very talented, and you're also very nice. I wanted the rest of the world to know about you. Your music doesn't have to be 100% GPO/GOS. If you include even one instrument in a song, you can submit it.

One of the things that led me to the decision of committing time and resources to this project is the wonderful atmosphere present in the GPO community. Unlike so many other places, the vibe here is always friendly, kind and mutually supportive of each other's creativity and dreams. That's the sort of thing I feel strongly about supporting - I wish more of the world could be this way.

This station is not just for the pro composers and musicians - it's for all of you. We'll make sure the quality level of the station stays high so that we keep our listeners, but I've heard tons of good stuff from people who expressed nervousness about sharing their music in front of others here. Don't be shy - let others have a chance to hear what you've accomplished! It's all about good music, a good vibe, and helping each other.

Adding music to the station programming will be an ongoing process, so you're never "too late" to get your music on the air. If you miss one programming cycle, we'll just add you on the next one. See www.ShowProgramming.com/GettingAirplay.asp for information on how to get your music on the air.

Current GPO demos at Garritan.com: No music will be included in the station programming unless you personally submit it, so for all of you with demos on Gary's site, if you'd like to include them (and we really hope you do), please submit them! Obviously I don't need you to send the files as I can download them from the site, but I do need an email with any bio info you'd like to share, song notes, and most of all, your permission to use them.

The station is live now, and I encourage all of you to participate. We're all so very tired of hearing the same 20 songs over and over for the last couple of decades on traditional radio. There's a wonderful world of new music being created each day by folks like you, and believe me, people want to hear what you're doing. So join us, and let's take your music directly to the people!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Thumbs up Re: Internet Radio Station for GPO Composers

Really cool!
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Wow, this will be a dream come true for all of the fine musicians and composers of this forum. This is a choker! To hear the music on a dedicated radio station is such a wonderful gift. From the heart Christopher Duncan, thank you oh so very much for this wonderful and thoughtful gift. I’m all choked up and so happy for everyone hear! You sure made my day!

BTW - If ya ever need a crazyazz anouncer who never really makes any sense!
    Styxx

Re: Internet Radio Station for GPO Composers

Christopher,

This is 100% absolutely AMAZING!! I can scarcely believe it.

Of course, I would like to contribute, but I have a question, what exactly do you mean by 56K MP3? I'm a bit confused about this.

Once again, Awesome!!

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    One question Christopher, will all music submitted by individuals be aired or will it be left up to your program director to pick and choose what is appropriate?
    I'm filling the position of program director myself so that I can ensure that the vibe stays the way it's intended to be. My goal is to air all music submitted, and I certainly don't want to limit the station to my own personal taste and preferences in style. There's just too many ways to make music.

Obviously, I have to keep the overall quality consistent so that we don't lose listeners, and so there may occasionally be a piece that needs some work before we can air it. In those cases I'll email the composer and explain what the difficulty is that needs to be addressed so that they can tweak it and send it back in.

In general, the aim of this station is to be inclusive rather than exclusive. In other words, we're looking for every excuse we can find to include people, so unless there's a screaming reason to fix something beforehand, if you send it, it will play.

Good question, man!

As to the announcer thing, once the station is up and running, we'll continually be adding special features, programs, etc., and some of that will doubtless come from the community. I've already called contracters to add a special padded vocal booth, just in case you decide to come to Atlanta...
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Wow, I can't wait! Countless thanks to you!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

I would love to! You say a "special padded vocal booth?" Sound like just what the doctor ordered for me! Shall I bring my Superman suit too?

This is great! My hat is off to you sir. (Axetually, I don't wear hats. It's just an explosion).
    Styxx

Just hope that my music and production meets your requirements of quality.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

This is not only very cool, but also thank you for taking this step and making it a reality.

When you say you want songs from the people on the forum, do you mean any songs from us? Will it be limited to Gpo only songs or mainly GPO based songs?

will be exclusively from those who include GPO in in their work. It doesn't have to be 100% GPO.
    Sorry. Just read that part on your site.

Go Back to forum