• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Second mockup: Marriage Of Figaro!!

Share/Bookmark

Second mockup: Marriage Of Figaro!!

First up, a big shout out to DPDAN for putting this on his ftp and thereby solving the download haedaches everyone was having with my files before!!

I had a day off yesterday, so what did I do-- that's right, same thing I do every day, except for ME!!

It's about two minutes worth of the overture to Figaro. Compared to the average recoding it's rather big and loud; Mozart on steriods. No subtlety here. This was a BEAR to do. I really learned a ton though. In the end I think GOS totaly shows itself as the full equal of anything else out there, whatever the price. Go Gary!!!

Hope you enjoy it!! It's so cool to be a part of this community, it really is.

http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/DPDA...ro_Excerpt.mp3

The Players:

Garritan Orchestral Strings
    SAM Solo Sessions
    Westgate Woodwinds
    VSL Timpani (the freebiw version bundled with GS3)

Re: Second mockup: Marriage Of Figaro!!

This is brilliant Fred. It has a natural rawness which is very appealling! There maybe could be just a little more dynamic or just plain overall volume variation....but I'm really looking for something!

The overall effect is quite different from GPO.....interesting.

Isn't it marvellous to have all these tools at our disposal.....wonderful times....(in some respects )

Frank

no problem Fred, it sounds really cool!
    Dan

HOLY COW - You did an awesome job! You people in this community are brilliant!
    I do not regret the things I've done, but those I was unable to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    This is brilliant Fred. It has a natural rawness which is very appealling! There maybe could be just a little more dynamic or just plain overall volume variation....but I'm really looking for something!

Frank
    Yeah, I agree totally. I'd love to hear the opening figure be really quiet for example... that's why I said the end result turned out to be sort of bombastic given the material. But what the hey; one could easily put another whole week into something like this. I'm not going to revise this at all, I'm on to trying an original piece now- yay!! I'm so amped up it's hard to sleep. I agree that it's a great time to be a writer of music thanks to gary and all the others of the sampling community!

Really beautiful stuff!

Good heavens!! Even on my pathetic laptop speakers that was incredible! GREAT job! I have LOVED the figaro thing for ages and to hear it done with sample libraries is too cool. Wasn't that Rossini?
    Kevin B. Selby
    http://kevinselby.com <-- Public site
    http://kevinselby.com/gpo <--My music catalog FREE to GPO users: username: gpo - pword: garritan

This is simply marvelous.

WOW!!

Great job.

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Man, thanks everyone!! Your opinions really mean a lot to me. There are so many really talented (as well as down to Earth) people here!!

Fred,

An outstanding job! If this is one of your first efforts, I am looking forward to hearing more of the music you make.

Thanks for posting this.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast