• Register
  • Help

Topic: Modulation

Share/Bookmark

Question Modulation

Is it possible to insert modulation after a track has been recorded? I did a track of strings and another of flute without using the modulation wheel and would like to know if I can insert in the piano roll or do I have to record modulation on top of the track?
    Ya know what I mean Mr. Bean? I sure hope so cause I lost myself in that one....
    Styxx

Re: Modulation

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Is it possible to insert modulation after a track has been recorded? I did a track of strings and another of flute without using the modulation wheel and would like to know if I can insert in the piano roll or do I have to record modulation on top of the track?
    Ya know what I mean Mr. Bean? I sure hope so cause I lost myself in that one....
    Hey Styxx, Never you worry!!
    As long as the recorded track is MIDI and NOT audio you are just fine. I usually do this anyway, since I do all (well, most) of the creation on Finale and export it as midi file - with no mod data in it. I have to manually add it (drawing it in) after importing it into Cubase. If I could get Finale to playback as nicely with it's midi tools as Cubase or other sequencer software does, I would do it., but Finale's is a pain to use.

Hope this helps!

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Styxx, I'm not sure what DAW you are using, but "that" track would have to be in overdub mode so that it doesn't erase the midi data that IS there.

Thumbs up Re: Modulation

DPDAN, I see what you mean. I was using Cakewalk 2004XL and while I did manage to overdub the modulation there is no way to edit it in the piano roll. What a surprise. I resorted to importing the midi file to Cubase Se where at least I can draw in any edits needed. Learn something new (or in this case) old every day.
    Thanks
    Styxx

I'm always glad to help.

Go Back to forum