• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Organ Studioware Panel

Share/Bookmark

Smile GPO Organ Studioware Panel

I apologize if this has been discussed before. With the new update and controllers (which I love!!) I thought I’d make a Studioware panel for Sonar that could adjust the organ settings. I don’t know how to record GPO knob movement in a track or even if it’s possible. The Studioware panel can record slider movement during PLAYBACK (not during record). So I record a midi track and then when I play it back I record the Studioware slider movement for the Fundamental, Filter Strength, and Center Frequency of the Filter. One limitation is the midi must be on Track 3 and Channel 1 for mine to work. Not much use if you can record the GPO knob movement but it was fun anyway. I will probably try this with some of the other instruments. I can't believe this was a free update. It's like getting new instruments. If the GPO team would have said there were new samples I would have easily believed them

Thank you,
    John

Re: GPO Organ Studioware Panel

Quote Originally Posted by ghostwriter
    I apologize if this has been discussed before. With the new update and controllers (which I love!!) I thought I’d make a Studioware panel for Sonar that could adjust the organ settings. I don’t know how to record GPO knob movement in a track or even if it’s possible. The Studioware panel can record slider movement during PLAYBACK (not during record). So I record a midi track and then when I play it back I record the Studioware slider movement for the Fundamental, Filter Strength, and Center Frequency of the Filter. One limitation is the midi must be on Track 3 and Channel 1 for mine to work. Not much use if you can record the GPO knob movement but it was fun anyway. I will probably try this with some of the other instruments. I can't believe this was a free update. It's like getting new instruments. If the GPO team would have said there were new samples I would have easily believed them

Thank you,
    John
    Any experiences that you have with Studioware would be interesting to me, as I have never tried it.

Richard Wayland

Smile Re: GPO Organ Studioware Panel

I did quite a few of them several years ago but I can't believe how much I forgot. My Sonar 3 does not let me edit them anymore so I installed Sonar 1.0 again to create this one. Since I posted I have made the panel more generic. I have all the CCs Tom suggested adding in his GPO update. I also added a button to simulate the pedal (Springs back) so you can manually place pedal events and an auto pedal button that when pressed adds alternating pedal events to each note. I want to add a humanize and maybe a clone button if I can figure it out. I know it''s pretty easy to clone in Sonar but I would like to have one button clone, humanize, and add pedal events. I'm pretty lazy.

John

Go Back to forum