• Register
  • Help

Topic: Forums

Share/Bookmark

Forums

I was wondering what other decent forums there are for music out there. Sampling, recording, classical, avant-garde....whatever. I'm curious as to where everybody visits. I don't usually spend more than half an hour a day or so on the net but I've fractured my pelvis and am rather immobile at present!.
    Trev Parks

Re: Forums

I have been in the process of starting up a forum completely based on music. This is by no means meant to steal traffic from a site like this, because NS IS!! the meeting grounds for great minds and composers, but the forum I am working on right now is called the Composer's Corner. All it is is a site that you can post your demos and people critique them. I will have a panel of some people and only constructive criticism is accepted. I also am in the process of offering web sapce or the people too. But as I said, this is only to be a supplement to a site like this. I just know that many times, there are so many demos that some really nice ones get overlooked, so I wanted to have a place just for the amatuer and hobbyist composer to display their works.

Thanks,
    Sean R. Beeson

Quote Originally Posted by T Parks
    I was wondering what other decent forums there are for music out there. Sampling, recording, classical, avant-garde....whatever. I'm curious as to where everybody visits. I don't usually spend more than half an hour a day or so on the net but I've fractured my pelvis and am rather immobile at present!.
    Oh Trev. Sorry to hear that. I am in the same sort of boat in that I have slipped a disk and can't hardly walk. This is a fun forum and also may I suggest the VSL forum. A lot of the guys here take a look in there too. There's a great deal of crossover. VSL is fairly similar and there is quite a lot of talk andfriendly banter about film and tv scoring.

Thanks for the info. I've checked a couple of places out already - KVR and VSL. I knew about the latter as a user but have never been there. IT would be all too easy to get sucked into non-stop typing with just these!. Any more?.
    Trev Parks

Trev, as I believe you're in the UK, have you checked out www.soundonsound.com? Good bunch of people and useful info there.

Since May, 2004, Mike Kelley, myself and a few others have started a forum directed to music composition. We have very little emphasis on sample programs, notation programs and technology. We are striving for indepth discussion of composition techniques.

www.composeforums.com

David

Thanks very much for the suggestions. I've looked into quite a number of sites now and am amazed just how many there are out there.

Incidentally, for pianists, this looks quite a useful place for discussion:

http://www.pianoforum.net/

cheers
    Trev Parks

Go Back to forum