Topic: Uh Oh !!!!!

Share/Bookmark

Uh Oh !!!!!

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    http://reuters.myway.com/article/200...NLADEN-DC.html

Jazeera TV Says to Air Bin Laden Video Tape

Oct 29, 3:09 PM (ET)

DUBAI (Reuters) - Arab satellite television Al Jazeera said on Friday it would broadcast a video tape from al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden addressing the American people.

It said the tape, to be aired at 4 p.m. EDT, would discuss the reasons behind the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the United States and their repercussions. It gave no further details.

Re: Uh Oh !!!!!

Hmmmmm i feel this will be bad for Kerry

ed

Bin Laden, appearing in a video on Al Jazeera four days before the U.S. presidential election and gesturing at the camera with a finger to stress points, made his clearest comments yet taking responsibility for the Sept 11 attacks.

"Despite entering the fourth year after Sept. 11, Bush is still deceiving you and hiding the truth from you and therefore the reasons are still there to repeat what happened," said the al Qaeda leader, making his first video appearance for more than a year.

The Bush administration resembled "corrupt" Arab governments, he said.

______

If the media pounds on those words - it may be fatal for Bush ....

Quote Originally Posted by ed buller
    Hmmmmm i feel this will be bad for Kerry

ed
    Indeed. While Bin Laden has drew a line between the Bush administration and corrupt gouverments in the middle east, it still most likely will increase fear and patriotism in the US. I wonder if Bush will need another false election to win again.

It's kinda weird. I have been trolling on the komputor for a while and reaction from the pundist is mixed. Half feel it will help Bush, and half just the oppisite. Maybee the effect will cancel itself out and it will be like it never happened. I just can't beleive how lucky Bush is.

ed

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Witkam
    Indeed. While Bin Laden has drew a line between the Bush administration and corrupt gouverments in the middle east, it still most likely will increase fear and patriotism in the US. I wonder if Bush will need another false election to win again.
    I think the fear and patriotism will only increase among those who already support Bush. I don't think it'll affect anyone else, including swing voters.

Based on what I heard of the tape, it does not help Bush in any way. Bin Laden criticizes him for reading to school children while thousands of Americans were in danger. I think it magnifies the simple fact that Bush has failed to capture bin Laden and has diverted his attention to Iraq.

I expect an overwhelming Kerry win on Tuesday.

(Partly because I just looked at a tracking poll taken back in 2000 right before the Gore/Bush contest. Gore was at 39% and Bush was somewhere around 48%. Yet Gore essentially won. Right now it's a virtual dead heat. Advantage Kerry. Add to that all the students who have registered, all the true conservatives who think Bush has blown it, and the thousands of newly registered voters, and we're talking Kerry landslide.)

Quote Originally Posted by ed buller
    I just can't beleive how lucky Bush is.
    Is he? This brings up a question. Without trying to sound like a conspiracy nut, I have to wonder a) why Bush let bin Laden go in Tora Bora and b) why he diverted his attention from bin Laden to Iraq, saying he wasn't "concerned" about bin Laden.

Was bin Laden let go of on purpose? After all, it was Reagan and Bush's daddy who essentially created bin Laden. Is it possible our boogy man is a boogy man for hire?

I'm not saying this is true by any means, but it sure makes you wonder.

It obvious that a Bin Laden or any other "bad guy " is useful for a "democraticly imperialistic" administration, like Bush and his buddies have got running the country. Deverts attention from ailing domestic issues too huge to tackle and keeps the war machine going and lining Cheney`s and Bush`s pockets. Fear will always keep you running to the " (gulp) "father figures"

Last evening I went to a training meeting for a Democratic get-out-the-vote effort. I can't believe how organized this is. We've got lots of motivated volunteers in our little corner of the world. We'll be ringing door bells Saturday and Sunday, and will be working all day long on Tuesday. The veterans say that they've never seen anything like this from the Democrats. It dwarfs all previous efforts.

None of us will change our votes because of some fugitive's video tape. None of us will work less hard during the next four days.

-JF

PS: A major topic of the meeting was laws and ethics. The meeting leaders were absolutely clear about our need to act as role models. There was no ambiguity on this poing and no dissent.

We will also be monitoring the polls and ensuring that everything is on the up and up. The goal is not to make a stink, but to ensure that everyone who is elligible to vote and wants to vote is able to vote.

Bin Laden is irrelevant.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast