• Register
  • Help

Topic: black grand memory problem

Share/Bookmark

black grand memory problem

Hello
    I just got my black grand for giga 3. I can't get any of it's patches to load. I get the same message I get when I put too many samples in memory. I am running a p 4, 3.06 speed, 1 gig of ram. Is it possible that one gig of ram can't handle this piano? I'd appreciated any advice.
    Thanks

Re: black grand memory problem

What message do you get?

/Mattias

Hello Mattias,
    I get the message . . . GSDLL, Unknown system error. This is the same message I get when I try to load too many samples into memory. Thanks for your help.
    John

In Gigastudio go to File > System Settings > Synthesizer > Stacked instruments. Now lower the value. Someone else on the forum suggested setting it to 128, try it. This solved my GSDLL problem. Later you can raise the Stacked Instruments value if you need more memory dedicated to that feature. Play on!

Larry

Hello funster,
    I tried setting it to 128 and it didn't help. Thanks for the suggestion. Any other thoughts? Thanks

That's certainly an error message you get when you're low on memory, but I guess you can get it for other problems as well as it's a pretty general message... I don't have Black Grand yet so unfortunately I can't try it for you, but I'm sure Worra will try it if you contact him.

/Mattias

Thanks Mattias and all for the advice. I'll place another post asking if anyone has managed to get it to work with under one gig of memory.

Go Back to forum