• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help - Distortion with GPO

Share/Bookmark

Help - Distortion with GPO

When I have many GPO instruments playing, I get tremendous distortion. At first, I thought I was overloading my playback system, but I've since discovered its not.

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks,
    Ron Williams

Re: Help - Distortion with GPO

Hi,

I have not had this problem at all. Maybe if you posted more info, such as your computer specs, audio card, notation or sequencing software of choice, etc., someone could help you troubleshoot this. Good luck.

Make sure that the combination of instruments isn't causing your audio output to clip. It sounds like your audio is clipping. Check the outputs for each instrument in the Kontakt Player (while playing) and your sequencers mixing channels to see if you can find where the clipping is coming from. You may have to drop the overall dynamic level of some of the instruments to get the piece to play without clipping.

Quote Originally Posted by ChoralBoss
    When I have many GPO instruments playing, I get tremendous distortion. At first, I thought I was overloading my playback system, but I've since discovered its not.

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks,
    Ron Williams
    Yes, I agree with Joseph. Ensure each channel has the appropriate level. Sometimes, the Kontakt player tends to clip if the levels are too high, especially if you have activated the Volume/Pan midi control (options menu).

Anton

Quote Originally Posted by galvedro
    Sometimes, the Kontakt player tends to clip if the levels are too high, especially if you have activated the Volume/Pan midi control (options menu). Anton
    Thanks for the help...just curious: how does this option facilitate 'clipping'?

Thanks again!

Ron,

Are you using Sonar(3 or 4) on a Multi-processing unit?

If so, turn off "Use multi-processing engine" in the Audio-configuration!

This is a huge problem for me in Sonar 4! I can't use my Dual Xeon processor with GPO because it generates so much distortion and crackles!

Hope it helps!

Thomas Regin.

Go Back to forum