• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Black Grand - I can't stop hyperventilating

Share/Bookmark

Black Grand - I can't stop hyperventilating

I just received the Black Grand and loaded the number 1 patch of the Close Perspective into Halion.

I can barely contain myself. It plays like a piano, not a sample. It is an order of magnitude better than anything else I've tried.

THANK YOU for making this thing!!!

John

Re: Black Grand - I can't stop hyperventilating

Congrats on the grand. I just got mine for giga 3 and I can't get anything to load. I have one gig of memory. Just curious, does your system have one or less gig of memory, and if it does, how did you get it to work? thanks

Hola A.S.

Sorry I can't help, but just for a point of reference I play the black grand on a win98 GS 2.5 box with 512 megs o ram. Maybe you need to downgrade. (Kidding!)

Quote Originally Posted by Sam
    Sorry I can't help, but just for a point of reference I play the black grand on a win98 GS 2.5 box with 512 megs o ram. Maybe you need to downgrade. (Kidding!)
    Hey, that's my system! Can you play it without problems? What's your "indicator" saying? My memory read-out in Gigastudio 2.5 is already 31% with only the Black Grand demo loaded.

------------
    Alex Cremers

Hey, on the subject of these pianos, this may be a dumb question but- how do they load (on GS3)?? I gather they use 4 ports - how does that work from a single MIDI channel?? What if I only have one port active? Actually, in my case I have two, but not four.

Quote Originally Posted by antirocket scientist
    Congrats on the grand. I just got mine for giga 3 and I can't get anything to load. I have one gig of memory. Just curious, does your system have one or less gig of memory, and if it does, how did you get it to work? thanks
    How do you mean? Can't you load the .gsi files? What happens?
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    Hey, on the subject of these pianos, this may be a dumb question but- how do they load (on GS3)?? I gather they use 4 ports - how does that work from a single MIDI channel?? What if I only have one port active? Actually, in my case I have two, but not four.
    The GS3 version uses one port.
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Quote Originally Posted by spinach ravioli
    I just received the Black Grand and loaded the number 1 patch of the Close Perspective into Halion.

I can barely contain myself. It plays like a piano, not a sample. It is an order of magnitude better than anything else I've tried.

THANK YOU for making this thing!!!

John
    I bow in your general direction!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Thanks for asking Worra,
    I get the same message I get when I load too many samples into memory. Even before I try to lead the samples the little bar after the black grand heading reads 100 percent. Outside of the black grand I can load about 80 percent of samples into memory before I get the error message. Thanks for any advice.
    john

ps the error message I get with the black grand is dsll unknown system error. The grand begins loading and just before it completes the message pops up. thanks

Go Back to forum