• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Is 400 TONS of Hi-Explosives a WMD?

Share/Bookmark

Question Is 400 TONS of Hi-Explosives a WMD?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    So lets say the New York Slimes story is true, how could we miss 400 TONS of high explosives!?!?!

I thought it was ABSOLUTE FACT – WITHOUT ONE SCINTILLA OF DOUBT that the ENTIRE country - EVERY SQUARE INCH OF IT (the size of Texas and CA. combined) was searched and all WMD’s where…well…just NOT THERE!!

If it’s NOT true, then what the hell is Lurch doing STILL vomiting it!?!?

BTW: The Atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima by democrat Wilson was the equivalent of 20, 000 tons of TNT.

The amount of explosives in question are, I believe, of a much higher volatility maker them much closer to that Hiroshima TNT measurement.

Re: Is 400 TONS of Hi-Explosives a WMD?

Quote Originally Posted by Think_About_It
    So lets say the New York Slimes story is true, how could we miss 400 TONS of high explosives!?!?!
    If you knew anything about anything, then you'd know that we DIDN'T miss them. The UN inspectors told the U.S. about the explosives before the invasion, but once we went in we were too busy guarding the Ministry of Oil to take care of the problem.

Even the commander in charge of the troops who stopped there on April 10 said it "wasn't our mission" to look through the bunkers for explosives.

Are they WMD? No. Why? Because a WMD is generally a weapon that can be deployed one time yet cause massive destruction, like a nuclear or biological bomb.

Explosives are used for scattered destruction, like the car bombs etc. that are killing our troops on pretty much a daily basis. Bush's failure to take care of these explosives while Iraq was being looted puts him directly responsible for those car bombs.

The Buck stops with Bush.

These explosives are not considered WMD, which are apparently weapons that can cause many deaths in fairly small quantities, such as chemical agents and nuclear stuff.

Would be interesting if they were, though: there were WMD, but we forgot to look for them, although notified of where they were.

(Was Wilson around for WWII?)

Wink Re: Is 400 TONS of Hi-Explosives a WMD?

Oh Hi

Back from daycare ?. So this is todays infantile rant. You get more fun everyday. But a word to the wise. You have to be over 18 to vote.

ed

Actually, using the term "explosives" is a little misleading.

From what I have read, the "400 tons" are "explosive making compounds" (or explosive "ingredients"). However, these products ARE extremely powerful if they are acquired by people who know how to use them (e.g. to make C4 -- plastic explosive).

Here is an new article discussing the "timeline". If you read it, one can conclude that the U.S. military DID have an opportunity to secure these compounds, but did not (they were following orders to look for WMDs, and were not ordered to secure THESE compounds).

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ons_timeline_1

In my opinion, this is yet ANOTHER example of POOR Planning by the Bush Administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    It couldn't have been Woodrow Wilson --- He'd been dead for over 20 years.

But it could have been that R&B singer Jackie Wilson (B. 1934) of "Higher and Higher" fame was involved in that fateful day.

The other possibility is Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys ordering the attack, but he was only about 3 years old at the time.

Ern
    Maybe he means Mr. Wilson, who lived next door to Dennis the Menace. He definitely would have been old enough.

Or perhaps Wilson who lived next door to Tim Allen on 'Home Improvement.'

Though I don't know if either of them were Democrats.

Maybe it was Mr. Wilson - Dennis the Menace's next door neighbor...

BTW, rounding up to 400 tons and calling it a WMD would be an e-x-a-g-g-e-r-a-t-i-o-n.

-JF

Hey

Whoever it was it was a very naughty man...and therefore a DEMOCRAT.

ed

Do you think you could blow up a building with stale kipper?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Phoenix
    Do you think you could blow up a building with stale kipper?
    Yes...If you were angry enough. But i'm afraid I will have to report your question to the "commitee for un-america use of fish, as munitions" .

May they lock you up, and quote the particularly meanigless bits of the Bible at you, until you are very very sorry.

ed

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast