• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Cubase SX 2 Time Warp Tool?

Share/Bookmark

OT: Cubase SX 2 Time Warp Tool?

I am working on a new project for which the original demo was recorded to four-track (drums, bass and Casio synth strings) - needless to say the timing varies (I'll blame it on the tape playback mechanisms, not talent ). I would now like to recreat this track in midi and was wondering which steps I would take to either stretch/compress the audio to lock it into sync, or adjust tempo track to lock to wav audio and then enter the midi notes, then resync the project all to one tempo?

I am trying to match the midi to the drum track, meaning I want midi drums to play the same thing the four-track drums are playing, but in perfect time instead of drifting time.

*Also, if any midi drum programmers are up to the task I would be willing to hire someone to do this as well. The project is a personal project and I doubt will every be released publicly.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Re: OT: Cubase SX 2 Time Warp Tool?

In Cubase you can create a tempo track using hitpoints on your audio. Check out this feature from SOS magazine. http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/Oct0...d5f4449b1d5be4

cheers, Mark TS

I would be willing to give it a shot. I have a lot of midi experience and have composed many television episodes. How much work is involved?
    Steve

Hey Steve, please contact me via AIM or MSN, I have someone who contacted me already taking a look at it - if he passes it will go to you, the job pays (cash or NFR - your choice)

AIM = LastLibs
    MSN = cubase_sx_user@hotmail.com

Mark, thanks for the link - I will read up.

20 Things

Update: Steve, the other guy fell through, too many other projects, so the gig is now available. Again, we can work something out for payment or NFR, whichever you prefer, hope to hear from you soon.

20 Things

Alan, I 've sent a message to your hotmail address.
    Steve

Go Back to forum