• Register
  • Help

Topic: Legato still not working in GS3

Share/Bookmark

Legato still not working in GS3

I'm wondering if many other people are still experienceing the problem with GS3 legato instruments not functioning correctly. I recently rebuilt 2 systems and am still having the problem myself on both machines. All I want to know is if the problem is being addressed by the programmers.
    Westgate Studios
    Sound Libraries for Gigastudio and Kontakt

Re: Legato still not working in GS3

Legato in iMIDI works from some controllers, and not from others. My Kurzweil PC88 drives it fine - either direct into GS3, or when routed through Sonar3. But if I record it into Sonar3 and play it back, the notes get cut off. I'll have to give Sibelius a try, just for kicks.

I'm 99.99% sure that it's on Tascam's buglist. I have no idea when it will be fixed. I'd imagine that the engineers don't want to make any promises. We know where that got them during the first half+ of 2004.

For me the biggest bug is the stuck notes problem. I need to go back to 3.00 because of it. It's also in the MIDI handling area. Hopefully, the stuck notes and legato bugs will both be resolved soon.

-JF

I tried Sibelius 3 through MOL+. It doesn't play the legato correctly either.

-JF

Unhappy Re: Legato still not working in GS3

That's a major bug in my book. Especially for a potential GS3 buyer like myself. What do you guys do to get around this?

For VSL legato? I don't use it. It's only on two demo instruments anyway. You could play it in live and record directly to wave, if your controller happens to drive it okay.

For the hanging note problem you have to make sure to end any notes before you do a program change. You can do that by hand in a sequencer, or set the durations to <100% in Sibelius. Or you can go back to v3.00. It didn't have the hanging note problem.

-JF

FYI -- David Govett acknowledges this issue on the VSL Giga forum and writes that he is assisting in working on a fix.

-- David

"That will be fixed in a future patch update. That is one of my personal tasks to help the programers get that working right. Unfortunately it does not occur on all system, including mine.
    Dave"

Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:54 pm

That's good news.
    Westgate Studios
    Sound Libraries for Gigastudio and Kontakt

Go Back to forum