• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cubase SE/Cubasis 4 VST problems!

Share/Bookmark

Cubase SE/Cubasis 4 VST problems!

I hope this is not too silly a question - but I need help with using GPO as a VST plug in. I have been using the GPO studio with Sibelius so far, but now I want to play a score into Cubase SE. (In fact I have found that I can do that by opening GPO studio and then assigning the MIDI tracks to the appropriate GPO instance, and all works fine, but I don't know if that is the best way to use GPO with Cubase.)

However today I decided to follow Alan Lastufka's Cubase tutorial - but fell at the first hurdle - since when I looked in "VST Instruments", GPO was not listed! I tried in Cubasis 4 VST as well, using Fredrik Wallinder's tutorial, and the same problem occurred - GPO is not listed under VST Instruments. I am sure that I installed all the files when I installed GPO for the first time, so I am wondering what should be my next step. Should I try a reinstall of GPO?

Maybe I am missing something, or I am misunderstanding something about GPO as a VST plug in. I just found it strange that I am unable to follow the tutorials - clearly I have done something wrong (or not done something I should have!) so I would be grateful for any help.

Peter

Re: Cubase SE/Cubasis 4 VST problems!

Find the .dll file at C:\Programs\Garritan Personal Orchestra\VST and copy it to the VST plugin folder under Steinberg\Cubase\VST.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Find the .dll file at C:\Programs\Garritan Personal Orchestra\VST and copy it to the VST plugin folder under Steinberg\Cubase\VST.
    I have got a little farther now - thank you soo much for the fast reply! The .dll file was in the Cubasis folder - I installed Cubasis when I got GPO but I have since upgraded to Cubase SE! So now I can get GPO in "VST instruments" and load up an instrument, which plays fine when I use the mouse in the Kontakt Player window. However, I cannot get my keyboard to play it - even though I follow Alan's instructions (and even though I have tried all the inputs shown.) My keyboard plays the standalone version OK, so it does "talk" to GPO and even in Cubase the level indicator shows that a MIDI signal is getting through, so the problem must be in the routing somewhere. I am sorry to be such a nuisance - any suggestions?

Peter

Okay, have you selected the in/outs for each track? You will need to assign the 'in' coming from the keyboard, the out being GPO for each track. It is to the left of the tracks window.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Okay, have you selected the in/outs for each track? You will need to assign the 'in' coming from the keyboard, the out being GPO for each track. It is to the left of the tracks window.
    Thanks to you, Joseph, I have it working now! I was assigning the outs to GPO studio rather than the GPO VST out! Such a stupid mistake - but all is well now. It makes it so easy to play in as well - the mod wheel information is recorded with the track and is easily editable later! Thanks once more.

Peter

Go Back to forum