• Register
  • Help

Topic: Recovery

Share/Bookmark

Recovery

Here's another que from my ongoing movie project:

Recovery

I based the piano around one of the main themes from the movie and then poured out this wonderful cello melody in a single take. I surprise myself sometimes

gr,
    Jim.
    Jim Offerman
    www.jimofferman.nl

Re: Recovery

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Offerman

Recovery

I based the piano around one of the main themes from the movie and then poured out this wonderful cello melody in a single take. I surprise myself sometimes

gr,
    Jim.
    Jim, you surprise us all....especially with your, presumptiously, wonderful cello melody! It may be a language problem but it is customary, in these parts, to let the audience decide if ones melody is wonderful or not......
    As it turns out it is pretty good for a single take

Frank

Hey Frank,

I did not intend to come off sounding arrogant or presumptious... what I meant (but apparently failed) to communicate was this feeling of serendipity and wonder I have every now and then when a melody like this one just comes rolling out. Sometimes, you get one for free, while other melodies need endless tinkering before they feel right - if they ever do.

In that sense, this cello melody is 'wonderful'

It was not meant to force an opinion upon the audience... I really do prefer audiences to make up their own mind about my music - and they're free to hate everything I write!

Glad you liked it though :P

gr,
    Jim.
    Jim Offerman
    www.jimofferman.nl

It was not meant to force an opinion upon the audience... I really do prefer audiences to make up their own mind about my music - and they're free to hate everything I write!
    I hate it

I know exactly what you meant when you were talking about your wonderful celloline... even I surprise myself sometimes... ofcourse my sequencer never is in recordmode at such times

Like the piece !!! My kinda music !!

Recovery

gr,
    Jim.
    Nice stuff, Jim. And I know what you mean about melodies just popping out of nowhere instead of having to work at them - I really love it when that happens!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Thanks for the nice comments guys!

@Ron: Hit [rec] more often, to catch those rare moments :P

Jim.
    Jim Offerman
    www.jimofferman.nl

Hey Frank,

I did not intend to come off sounding arrogant or presumptious... what I meant (but apparently failed) to communicate was this feeling of serendipity and wonder I have every now and then when a melody like this one just comes rolling out. Sometimes, you get one for free, while other melodies need endless tinkering before they feel right - if they ever do.

In that sense, this cello melody is 'wonderful'

Glad you liked it though :P

gr,
    Jim.
    No worries Jim, I suspected that you had meant it in the way you now describe.......Sorry I just couldn't resist my post as I read it literally at first!
    Funnily enough your piece reminded of one of my 'fragments', from soundfont days, as it was also a cello/piano piece although in a more pop ballad style.
    BTW, please forgive my outpouring of brilliantly pithy posts. ie 'pith' as in taking the pith' out of something.....say, like a piece of bamboo for instance.

Frank

Hey Frank,

I bet your pithy posts keep everybody here on their toes, so... you're forgiven

gr,
    Jim.
    Jim Offerman
    www.jimofferman.nl

Go Back to forum