• Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The Samplist - Freakin' hilarious

Share/Bookmark

The Samplist - Freakin' hilarious

I found this link: http://www.ronak-publishing.com

Read the excerpts.

Re: The Samplist - Freakin' hilarious

This is one entralling book! Elliott really knows the in and outs of the sampling game and the entire book keeps your interest. You learn earn a lot about sampling by reading this book and be entertained at the same time. Some important and interesting details about sampling that are spot on. There are also moments that just make your sides split. Well-written, humorous, informative, intriguing. I really enjoyed it!

"The Samplist" will be shown at the NAMM show in January.

Gary Garritan

arg!
    still not on sale!

gotta get it asap, the first pages are really great

Quote Originally Posted by guybrush threepwood
    arg!
    still not on sale!

gotta get it asap, the first pages are really great
    Thanks for the kind words. The Samplist will be on sale as of Thursday October 28, 2004 on my publisher's website and at Amazon.

Hope you enjoy it.
    The Samplist a novel by Francis Ellen

Just wanted say that if anyone is interested, The Samplist got a pretty good review in this month's issue (June) of the BBC Music Magazine.

It's also had some good coverage in the Times Literary Supplement, The Arts Show on BBC, Scotland on Sunday newspaper, The Scotsman, The Guardian, Muso Magazine and the British Science Fiction Association's Magazine 'Vector'. (The guy at Classic fm Mag trashed it because the narrator made a corny joke about Stockhausen so you can't please everyone, I suppose; although you'd think that anyone who enjoys Stockhausen is liable to have some kind of long, sharp, stiff object jammed up the place where they usually stick their heads.)

Thanks to all who bought it and a special thanks to Pat and Aaron and Greg and Thomas and many others who helped out.

The novel is currently under consideration by a few film companies. (Fingers crossed)

By the way, I used to come here as Z6. Hi to Papa and Hans and Dan and King and everyone I always had a great time with here.

Sorry to see that Nick isn't here anymore though.

The Samplist is available in all UK stores and at 30% discount on Amazon (UK) and it's better than a punch in the mouth.
    The Samplist a novel by Francis Ellen

Aah, Z6, those were the days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmy
    "Sorry to see that Nick isn't here anymore though."

Actually I believe he can still show up. Posted a couple of days ago.
    He recently joined the blue forum too

Quote Originally Posted by Alexcremers
    Aah, Z6, those were the days.
    Too right.

DR

Very cool Z6....that's got to be a first in the world.

I'm not aware of the world of sampling, MIDI mockups ever really being fictionalized in a published novel. (are there any other examples anyone knows of?)

Even the term "samplist" is a very new one...only been around for a few years now.

Best of success to you on this project....it's good to see you using your creativity to fine use! :-)

spectrum

Those demos are perfect! Got to get the book. Great job of infiltration - er, research, Z6. You came into our midst, overheard our conversations, broke virtual bread with us, were invited into our family, and then, what did you do?

Betray our secrets to the muggles!

Absolute best of luck with this project, Francis; hope to see your name on the silver screen (or at least the home theater DVD.)
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Go Back to forum