• Register
  • Help

Topic: GOS update for Gigastudio 3?

Share/Bookmark

GOS update for Gigastudio 3?

Hi

Does anybody know whether there will definitely be an upgrade of this fantastic library to take advantage of the new features in Gigastudio 3? And if so, any kind of timescale? And how much the upgrade is likely to cost, compared to buying it from scratch?

I've pretty much decided to buy it, but I don't want to spend the next two months installing and getting to know the current version, only to have to change it over and learn a whole lot of new stuff after that. On the other hand, I do want to get a serious strings system sorted out pretty soon.

I'm just in the middle of upgrading my PCs, partly for Giga 3, and deciding what to run on what. Any indications of the "roadmap" here would be helpful.

Cheers.

Re: GOS update for Gigastudio 3?

Ouch that Hurts,

We had plans to develop for Giga 3 but will probably release another format first. We are taking a wait and see approach. It seems that Giga 3 has some issues that need to be addressed. We are particularly impressed with the possibilities of GigaPulse. We will keep you posted about Giga 3 development.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch that hurts
    Hi

Does anybody know whether there will definitely be an upgrade of this fantastic library to take advantage of the new features in Gigastudio 3? And if so, any kind of timescale? And how much the upgrade is likely to cost, compared to buying it from scratch?

I've pretty much decided to buy it, but I don't want to spend the next two months installing and getting to know the current version, only to have to change it over and learn a whole lot of new stuff after that. On the other hand, I do want to get a serious strings system sorted out pretty soon.

I'm just in the middle of upgrading my PCs, partly for Giga 3, and deciding what to run on what. Any indications of the "roadmap" here would be helpful.

Cheers.

Thanks Gary

Do you know whether the current version of the library runs OK under Gigastudio 3? Maybe I'll just get that and stick with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch that hurts
    Thanks Gary

Do you know whether the current version of the library runs OK under Gigastudio 3? Maybe I'll just get that and stick with it.

I'm running it with no hassles at all so far. Admittedly I've had litttle time to play with it but it seems to work just fine.

That said, the GPO guys just got a big update so now it's our turn

Go Back to forum