• Register
  • Help

Topic: Where are we with the Holiday CD?

Share/Bookmark

Where are we with the Holiday CD?

OK, I'm nearly done with "The Holly and the Ivy." (I know I've said that before, but I keep thinking of different things to try. Still, I'm going to make myself finish it this weekend. No more new things!)

Did we ever establish where we're supposed to send the finished pieces? I just checked the Holiday CD thread, but it's just gotten so darned long it's impossible to find anything.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Re: Where are we with the Holiday CD?

I thought Nov. 1st was the cut off, but maybe that is no longer true.

Gary, turn off this 60 second posting thing and I'll be much more productive.

Well, my "Hark! The Herald.." arrangement is well underway (about 50% ready) and will be completed very soon.

As to my other arrangement, that's ready - just need to put it into GPO.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Mine's just about finished too. Where do we send it?

JT

Shouldn't we first post it here for comments and feedback?
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

I'm waiting for a response from Gary,

Quote Originally Posted by danpowers
    OK, I'm nearly done with "The Holly and the Ivy." (I know I've said that before, but I keep thinking of different things to try. Still, I'm going to make myself finish it this weekend. No more new things!)

Did we ever establish where we're supposed to send the finished pieces? I just checked the Holiday CD thread, but it's just gotten so darned long it's impossible to find anything.
    Wrapping up my version of "Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming." Will be all done by end of this weekend.

Jim

I just finished "The Holly and the Ivy" and have uploaded it to my website. Listen to it here (it's at the top of the page):

http://www.swanswingpress.com/listen.htm

I'm going to be out of town from tomorrow until Nov. 2. So if the deadline for submission is still Nov. 1, and we don't have an address to send things to, I may have to drop out of the project, unless I can apply for an extention...

(I'll be in Las Vegas, in case you were wondering. My wife and I will be working! Not having fun! Really! )
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Beautiful Dan, I love your stuff!

Could we all make any further posts regarding the Holiday CD on the original Holiday CD thread.... thanks,
    HOLIDAY CD topic

Go Back to forum