• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bummer....

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Bummer....

I was playing around with the new updates and having a good time especially with the brass. Decided to play with my all time favorite, the percussion, didn't yield as much fun as I anticipated. Oh it wasn't the updates mind you. It's my controller. You see, I can't use the KS Bass drum because my keyboard can't play the key switching and the first two notes. Ironic for a percussionist eh?
    I guess it's time for me to save for a new controller.
    Styxx

Re: Bummer....

Aww, that is a bummer. I have an 88 key keyboard and I can't reach the KS for the Basses. But does that mean that you have working computer again?
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tgfoo
    Aww, that is a bummer. I have an 88 key keyboard and I can't reach the KS for the Basses. But does that mean that you have working computer again?
    Hey guys, my controller also can't ordinarily reach the KS for the basses, but it can if I hit the transpose button...

If you have such a button try setting your transpose to -12 or more to bring the lower 8ves into the keyboard zone.

Cheers,
    John

Styxx,

As John said, many keyboards have a transpose function that will allow you to transpose the keyboard down and octave or two. It may be a dedicated button or it may be a multi-function thing. If yours does not have this feature then you can still accomplish the transposition at your sequencer. Most sequencers let you transpose the incoming data before reaching the track. It's usually a fairly painless action to transpose the incoming data by an octave or two or three as needed. This will give you access to the keyswitches.

Tom

Another way round is to use the key editor and add notes to hit the keyswitch here - less spontaneous but effective

Thanks,
    To be honest with you, I should have never posted this. I've been having a terrible week and it isn't getting any better. I forgot all about the button on the keyboard to transpose. I'll try it later tonight. I was trying to accomplish the task using the kontakt players. My apologies people.
    Yes, I am up and running but the upgrade didn't go as it should for some reason. I have the updates in the stand alone but not in a sequencer. Can't figure out how and why this is. Also, I tried to install the X files in the folder JB suggested and nothing. Also, now the multis will not load. I think I'll just leave well enough alone and use as is.
    Thanks for your help people.
    Danielle, I have a midi coming later.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    speaking of percussion, COUGH. Im waiting
    Well? You're disappointed aren't you?
    Styxx

Go Back to forum