• Register
  • Help

Topic: More odd, atonal, stream-of-consciousness music

Share/Bookmark

Question More odd, atonal, stream-of-consciousness music

Hey folks.

Once again I just sorta threw something together. Rather than jazz this time around, it's a weird symphonic, atonal piece, yet with a few tracts that make vague sense... kind of minimalistic and bizarre. In keeping with the surrealist mode, I called it "Collapse of the Tomato Bridge".

Give it a listen, but I don't guarantee you'll like it. And watch out for the pipe organ, it's LOUD!

http://www.unitedidiotpictures.com/m...matobridge.mp3

Edit: be as frank as you like with your comments - I'm kind of confused by this piece too, and I didn't really put much effort into it.

Lightbulb Re: More odd, atonal, stream-of-consciousness music

There must be something in the water! I posted my “Random Acts – 2004-1” (first in a series of one, one hopes!) elsewhere in this Forum section, but if you haven’t heard it the MP3 (at 160K) is here and the WMA (at 64K) is here .

It’s totally GPO and for the “record” the GPO 1.1 instruments are: Steinway Piano Light, Full Strings Sus+Short, Full Strings Pizz, Full Strings Short Bows, Basses Short Bows, Basic Orch Perc, Cellos Short Bows, Tpt 1 Ens2, Tpt 2 Ens3, Glissando Harp 1, and Vlns 1 Short Bow.

In terms of “technique” not a single note was “played”. All were “drawn” in Cubase SX2 with a fair amount of twiddling to Modulation levels and Velocity, mostly at random.

Re: More odd, atonal, stream-of-consciousness music

Quote Originally Posted by KevinKauai
    In terms of “technique” not a single note was “played”. All were “drawn” in Cubase SX2 with a fair amount of twiddling to Modulation levels and Velocity, mostly at random.
    Interesting stuff... sometimes it helps the creative process just to throw anything at the canvas and see what sticks. Can be a bit difficult some other times though, trying to find sense among dissonance - it's like looking for animals or faces in the clouds.

Go Back to forum