• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Superman/Williams

Share/Bookmark

Superman/Williams

I've read that for the new Superman movie being planned, the John Williams music will be used again. That's quite an acheivement having a score hold up for almost 30 years and not conceiving of another composer coming up with a better theme. Looking forward to it.

Jeff

Re: Superman/Williams

Really? Williams is going to use the same theme? That would be awesome if it's true. It's certainly a tough one to beat. Where did you hear this?
    Anthony Lombardi, composer
    www.anthonylombardi.com

The Theme is perfect as it!!
    D.M
    "God is Love"

Heck, why not? Lucas still uses the Star Wars music and Superman has definitely held up almost as well. I'm not sure why, but I think that's good news. Probably because I like that music so much.

That is very interesting... are you sure? Where you get this info from?

I would have thought that John Ottman was set to scor ethe film? Maybe he is, but using JW's themes? hmmm...

Link please?

[edit] Found this these

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=18653
    http://filmforce.ign.com/superman/ar.../558468p1.html

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

John Ottman will score the new Superman and use some of Williams' music.

"He asked if there was anything else and I presented him with the most important aspect I could think of. "Will you use John Williams music in the movie?"

He looked at me dead on and said very boldly, "Yes. Definitely yes."

The audience went nuts with this news."

I wonder if the theme will simply have a cameo, similar to how it had in the SuperGirl score by Goldsmith - or if if will be the main theme

I think the audience will go crazy if the film opens with Johnny's main Superman theme. I mean, the majestic Coplandesque opening part alone will make the popcorn fly!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexcremers
    I think the audience will go crazy if the film opens with Johnny's main Superman theme. I mean, the majestic Coplandesque opening part alone will make the popcorn fly!!

Couldn't agree more, Alex. I remember first hearing this theme in the theatre and thinking the part of the theme that went "dat, da-da" - was so perfect. to me, the rhythm of that part of that melody was so appropriate for someone 'leaping into the air - flying'.

It's the little things in life. After that film I had to keep my kids from doing what I tried doing as a kid - leaping off of the garage roof, thinking I could fly

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

The John Williams Superman theme has become inseperable from the Superman identity. If there's any Smallville fans here, you already know that Mark Snow is also using some of the key JW themes, especially when the Jor-El/Kal-El plots come into play. Hearing those themes continue on in the series really gives it a sense of continuity and authenticity, not to mention that warm, fuzzy feeling I get in my sub-cockle region.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    I've read that for the new Superman movie being planned, the John Williams music will be used again. That's quite an acheivement having a score hold up for almost 30 years and not conceiving of another composer coming up with a better theme. Looking forward to it.

Jeff

Go Back to forum