• Register
  • Help

Topic: Success with 3.02 and Rewire

Share/Bookmark

Success with 3.02 and Rewire

I'd posted problems with 3.0 regarding extremely long delays using Rewire in real time with both Nuendo and Sonar, making it unusable as the notes were just too far off from the rest of the music.

I'm delighted to report that after installing the 3.02 patch (never got around to doing 3.01) Rewire is working flawlessly with Nuendo, at least in regards to the realtime delay problems I was experiencing. (I know others have had export problems but I've not used that functionality yet.) I suspect it will be fine with Sonar, too.

Of course, conventional wisdom is to give GS3 its own box, so the fact that I have both Nuendo and GS3 running at the same time (P4 / 3.0ghz / 3 gigs ram) is quite nice.
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Re: Success with 3.02 and Rewire

Success with rewire using GS3.02 and Cubase SX 2.2.0.33. However, I was getting CPU spikes when playing, but not when exporting audio. The solution was to change audio priority in SX to HIGH (the default) to VERY HIGH.
    Melodialworks Music
    Music for Relaxation and Inspiration
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

Since installing the 3.02 fix audio export has been functioning with no problems with Nuendo 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Lougheed
    Success with rewire using GS3.02 and Cubase SX 2.2.0.33. However, I was getting CPU spikes when playing, but not when exporting audio. The solution was to change audio priority in SX to HIGH (the default) to VERY HIGH.
    Thanks for mentioning that - I haven't monitored the CPU utilization as I just did a quick & dirty test to see if everything was playing nice together. If I see CPU spikes with Nuendo, I'll report my experiences as well.

Overall, I'm delighted to see that this issue is now well in hand.
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

I was talking about CPU spikes as reported by the CPU meter in SX. The gliches I was hearing in the audio corresonding with the CPU meter.
    Melodialworks Music
    Music for Relaxation and Inspiration
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!! It finally works! Cubase SX 2.2.0 and GS3 in Rewire mode finally exports flawlessy in fast mode. This is the moment I've been waiting for....the reason I dropped the cash for the upgrade! Well done. I can finally stop using FXMax VST adapter.
    Pete

Go Back to forum