• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problems with download of GPO update

Share/Bookmark

Problems with download of GPO update

I am trying to download the GPO update. Having gone to the NI page and logged in with username and password (so far so good!) I click on the download link and get a "You are not authorised to view this page" message! Does anyone have any idea why this happens? Obviously I am very keen to get the update, and rather worried as to why I cannot access it. My GPO authorisation at the NI site is dated July 6th 2004, so it is not that it has not gone through yet, and I can obtain all my registration details on the NI site with my log in and password, so clearly there is a record of my registration of GPO!

Any help or advice most welcome.

Peter

Re: Problems with download of GPO update

Firewall problems?

Perhaps I should add that the same "You are not authorised to view this page" message also comes up when I click on the link in Tom's post in this forum to get the new documentation!

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Firewall problems?
    I don't have firewall problems with other downloads, and I downloaded the beta Studio 1.2 , and the Sibelius plugins from the Garritan site with no trouble. I hesitate to turn off the firewall - maybe someone can tell me if this would be the best way to find out if the firewall is indeed the problem?

Peter

Sounds like internet issues since there's no protection on the PDF file, it's on Gary's server. Have you tried refreshing the page once you get this message? Also, what browser are you using?

Sounds like internet issues since there's no protection on the PDF file, it's on Gary's server. Have you tried refreshing the page once you get this message? Also, what browser are you using?
    Thanks for the fast reply Joseph. I am using IE6 as my browser - and I certainly have not had problems like this before.

I just downloaded the Sibelius plugins again, to check that I can download from the Garritan page and that worked fine - but I get the same "not authorised" message if I try to access the Studio 1.2 update or its pdf document from the Garritan page - although I have downloaded both of those in the past few weeks and have them on my computer to prove it! I am completely baffled now! HELP!

Peter

Did you update to Windows XP SP2 in the meantime? That's probably the problem, the security has gotten tighter with the latest service pack. Just turn off the firewall/security options until you get what you want and then turn them back on.

Did you update to Windows XP SP2 in the meantime? That's probably the problem, the security has gotten tighter with the latest service pack. Just turn off the firewall/security options until you get what you want and then turn them back on.
    That fixed it! Thank you Joseph - I now have the update and the documentation! Once again I am amazed by the speed of the assistance you can get from this forum!

Peter

Go Back to forum