• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Why do the strings sound different?

Share/Bookmark

Why do the strings sound different?

I don't know if anybody else has noticed, but this version's strings sound different, especially the 1st Violin Section Sus+Short. The attack is faster and less expressive than the old one - is there any way to make the new strings sound like the old ones because I like the slower attack better.

Re: Why do the strings sound different?

Have you downloaded the manual? I believe there is a whole explanation of what you are concerned about starting on page 8 through 11. It seems to me you can still use the older as well, either or? At least this is the way I understand it so far. I do not have the updates as of yet due to PC problems and cannot listen to the samples. I am still studying the manual though and will go back to clarify.
    Styxx

Craig, make sure you are loading just the 1st Vlns Sustains + Short and not the Sustain + Short AG (aggressive.)

Oh don't get me wrong, they sound fine, it's just that they sound a lot more aggressive than the old ones. Maybe it might be something I'm doing wrong, maybe.

Too much velocity maybe? I'm not sure I've noticed it, myself. Not to say it isn't more aggressive since most users requested that they be more aggressive, but that was the whole reason the aggressive patches came into existence.

I know. Well, come to think of it the Violin 1 Sus+Short strings in this version sounds almost like a completely different sample all together. It's not my velocity, because the timbre itself if very aggressive and not as useful as the old ones. I'm hoping they didn't replace it with this one because IMO as well as my friend's (who just came here to hear it) it sounds worse for what a lot of people would use it for.

And yes, I made quite sure that I loaded up the right strings. I did not load up the Violin Sus+Short Ag.

I'll look at it when I get home. Tom would be able to definitively answer this when he gets up.

Talking Re: Why do the strings sound different?

These updates were done on a "shoe string" budget. - OK, that's not funny is it? Just thought I would lighten up your strings a bit thar Craig.
    Styxx

Why do the strings sound different?
    The string section was out that night so they hired whales?

Captain, Thar be Whales on board!
    Styxx

Go Back to forum