• Register
  • Help

Topic: 24/96 without clicking?

Share/Bookmark

24/96 without clicking?

Hi,

Is anyone succesfully able to play, capture, or export stereo files in 3.02 at 24/94 without any clicks? I'm trying to do so with the PMI Old Lady without success - even for single notes. I've tried all the buffer settings and am not using Gigapulse. Just trying to get a sense of what lengts I'll need to go to create 24/96 files and whether there is any hope for reliable operation.

Thanks,
    Freya

hv

Re: 24/96 without clicking?

I always capture at the native rate of the samples, which is usually 44.1K, then upsample the WAV later.

Howard

I'm using 88.2 successfully -- didn't try 96 because everything I do begins or ends at 44.1.

Quote Originally Posted by hv
    I always capture at the native rate of the samples, which is usually 44.1K, then upsample the WAV later.

Howard
    Can you explain what your goal is with this upsampling? You need to deliver final products in 24/96? If so, nothing asked.

hv

In my most recent project I had to mix sampled instruments with audio tracks and effects recorded at a higher sample rate in a DAW. I upsampled the WAV tracks captured from GS2 because the DAW I used, Sonar, couldn't handle tracks with different sample rates. Maybe next year in Sonar5.

Howard

Go Back to forum