• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kompakt - multitimberal operation when hosting in Ableton Live 4

Share/Bookmark

Kompakt - multitimberal operation when hosting in Ableton Live 4

Is it possible to assign multiple instruments in (1) instance of Kompakt to separate MIDI channels to be triggered by an external sequencer when hosting in Abelton Live 4 or do you have to open up a separate instance of Kompakt in Live 4 for each MIDI channel?

Any assistance is appreciated.

Re: Kompakt - multitimberal operation when hosting in Ableton Live 4

For each Kompakt instance u can assign 8 patchs (or inst.) to 8 diff. midi channels. each inst with its own midi channel can have its own set of stereo outs assigned to it... I have no idea what u can do in Abelton 4. I assume it works like most sequencers..Rich

Thanks for the reply, yes the problem in hosting Kompakt in Ableton Live 4 is that it does not appear to host Kompakt as a multitimberal instrument so assigning different MIDI channels to each program in contact has no effect, so it''s one instance per MIDI channel in Ableton Live 4. V-Stack does but it does not pass MIDI beat and clock data to the plug-in so it won't follow tempo from your external sequencer. Is it true that you can only use one instance of Kompakt at a time in standalone mode? What do you do if you need more than (8) MIDI channels/programs with Kompakt in Standalone Mode?

Hey tbwnm, I use Ableton Live 6, and I see you had this problem long long ago.

If you still need help with this, I can totally help you. I just figured out how to set this up a few days ago. (I almost switched to Sonar, but I loved Ableton Live too much to give up).

Hint: it involves using A Midi Channel as a HUB, and connecting other Midi and Audio tracks to it.

Hi there,

I just came up with the same problem. Would you be so kind and explain little more detailed how to set up those hubs to play the separate midi channels?

Thanks!

I'm interested in ableton. Is there anyone here who has cubase and what do you like about ableton in comparison?

Go Back to forum