• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS302 less Stuck Notes than 301?

Share/Bookmark

GS302 less Stuck Notes than 301?

I haven't upgraded to 302 yet as the update's main improvement addresses things that do not have any incidence on my software setup...

But 301 is giving me a unacceptable amount of stuck notes - which 300 didn't do.

Of course, I'd like to know whether 302 has addressed this in any way.

(I'm hesitant to going back to 300 as it would mean re-install and registration which could be unreliable...etc)

Would LOVE someones feedback .

Thanks
    B

Re: GS302 less Stuck Notes than 301?

I have had problems with stuck notes since updating to 3.01. I did install 3.02, but it made no difference. I will be reverting to 3.00 today (wish me luck).

Just to be clear, my stuck notes are occurring without any program changes (as Jon reports), just a straight sequence from a separate DAW.

craig

Guess I'll stick with 3.00 until ver 4.0 comes out

Quote Originally Posted by fermata
    Just to be clear, my stuck notes are occurring without any program changes (as Jon reports), just a straight sequence from a separate DAW.

craig
    Yes, that's the kind of stuck notes I'm getting too..
    But do you think going back to 300 is going to mean some re-reg situation?

B

After experiencing problems with the 3.01 upgrade, I have now gone back to 3.00. This is easily accomplished simply by running the data clean program in the utilities folder of the CD, and then running the install again. No need to mess with the registry!

The problem I had with 3.01 was really weird. Nobody else seems to have mentioned it so I assume it is unique to my system. I was getting apparently random alterations in the coarse tuning parameter on certain MIDI channels. Every few minutes or so the pitch of the instrument on one of the channels would drop down two semitones. After a while it might go back up again. This happened on about two or three channels out of about 50 in current use. Which channels were affected also varied (it would happen on different channels each session). I could not identify any other likely cause. I was not using a sequencer, and none of the controls on my MIDI keyboard were set to control coarse tuning. The problem even occurred once on a layered channel: only one of the layered channels dropped in pitch even though they were both receiving exactly the same MIDI input. Having gone back to 3.00, there has been no recurrence, even after many hours of use. I have reported this to Tascam.

Quote Originally Posted by DCB
    After experiencing problems with the 3.01 upgrade, I have now gone back to 3.00. This is easily accomplished simply by running the data clean program in the utilities folder of the CD, and then running the install again. No need to mess with the registry!

THANKS FOR THE INFO, I THINK I'LL HAVE TO DO THE SAME...I AM, HOWEVER SURPRISED TO SEE AS FEW REPORTS OF STUCK NOTES IN 301 AS I HAVE...

B

Go Back to forum