• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: V-Stack on same PC as sequencer?

Share/Bookmark

Question V-Stack on same PC as sequencer?

Wasn't sure where to put this one, but for those of you using V-Stack, have you used it on the same PC as your sequencer? If you haven't, can you?

These may seem self explanatory, but I want to be sure before I go and and buy it.

Thanks,

Christiaan

Re: V-Stack on same PC as sequencer?

I would be interested in hearing the response from this as well. V-Stack online documentation is very scarce. I would also like to know if it is possible to record straight out of V-Stack. I'm looking into the various VST hosting possibilities and I figure V-Stack would have a hand up as far as performance goes (or I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.)

Quote Originally Posted by brilohead
    Wasn't sure where to put this one, but for those of you using V-Stack, have you used it on the same PC as your sequencer? If you haven't, can you?

These may seem self explanatory, but I want to be sure before I go and and buy it.

Thanks,

Christiaan
    I`m not sure why you`d want to do that, since V-stack is just sort of emulating your Sequencers mixer and VST capabilities. Its so u dont have to put another sequencer on a 2nd machine to run all your VST(i)`s and FX together. In other words, your host sequencer already does what V-stack does as a standalone. Unless there something u what to do with it that i dont understand Rich

I want to run it with a notation software that does not currently support VST instruments. All sequencers do not support VSTi's anyway. I've seen some very good midi capable sequencers that don't support VSTi's.

Surely it's possible with virtual midi/audio drivers.

http://www.ntonyx.com/vac.htm

http://www.sonicspot.com/hubismidilo...ackdevice.html

Smile Re: V-Stack on same PC as sequencer?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Pell
    I`m not sure why you`d want to do that, since V-stack is just sort of emulating your Sequencers mixer and VST capabilities. Its so u dont have to put another sequencer on a 2nd machine to run all your VST(i)`s and FX together. In other words, your host sequencer already does what V-stack does as a standalone. Unless there something u what to do with it that i dont understand Rich
    I want to use 4GB of Ram on my PC - 1gb for kernel and 3gb for applications. Since windows only allows 2gb of RAM per application (but a total of 3gb for all applications with the switch). If I use v-stack or FX-Teleport then I can use 3gb of RAM hopefully (which would be sweet).

Cheers,

Christiaan

Thanks SWL. I use Maple so that should work then.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    I want to run it with a notation software that does not currently support VST instruments. All sequencers do not support VSTi's anyway. I've seen some very good midi capable sequencers that don't support VSTi's.
    O.K .i see... just for my info, which ones dont support vsti`s yet? Rich

Quote Originally Posted by brilohead
    I want to use 4GB of Ram on my PC - 1gb for kernel and 3gb for applications. Since windows only allows 2gb of RAM per application (but a total of 3gb for all applications with the switch). If I use v-stack or FX-Teleport then I can use 3gb of RAM hopefully (which would be sweet).

Cheers,

Christiaan

Christiaan,
    Let me know if that works, you`ve got me curious to know if XP will let u do that.. Best, Rich

Smile Re: V-Stack on same PC as sequencer?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Pell
    Christiaan,
    Let me know if that works, you`ve got me curious to know if XP will let u do that.. Best, Rich
    Rich,

I've done a test with the 3GB switch and I can use 3gb of RAM, just not with one application. I was able to open 1.5gb in cubase and 1.5gb in EWQLSO as a stand alone.

Christiaan

Go Back to forum