• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Chopin Nocturne 3

Share/Bookmark

Chopin Nocturne 3

http://www.alchemystudio.it/mp3/Chopin_nocturne_3.mp3

this come after find a score of "Chopin - Nocturne n.3" in my home. it was a really old score, and i dont' know if it is really the original nocturne n.3 or a simple arrangement of it, since i never listend to the original one. maybe one can help?
    anyway: the score was for piano. it took me two evening to learn it (how a skilled piano player i am!! ^_^).
    when i was satisfied with the piano part, i decided to go on and add a cello and a violin, whose melody i composed by myself...
    what do you think?

in this song the new violin KeySwitch patch of GPO update was used

Re: Chopin Nocturne 3

Quote Originally Posted by bosone

this come after find a score of "Chopin - Nocturne n.3" in my home. it was a really old score, and i dont' know if it is really the original nocturne n.3 or a simple arrangement of it, since i never listend to the original one. maybe one can help?
    anyway: the score was for piano. it took me two evening to learn it (how a skilled piano player i am!! ^_^).
    when i was satisfied with the piano part, i decided to go on and add a cello and a violin, whose melody i composed by myself...
    what do you think?

Man, isn't this an arrangement of Liszt's Liebestraum?

Anton

Angry Re: Chopin Nocturne 3

ARRGHHHHH!!!!!!!
    Bosone,it's no Chopin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why?
    Why?
    :-(((((((((((

Zelazowa
    Music is love in to my life
    Historiated Majolicals of Gubbio

what do you think?

I'll tell you what I think Boysone! I think this is absolutely charming in an old fashioned way. It sounds very natural just if the threesome were entertaining in the backround of a very genteel and elegant, turn of the century restuarant. I think that parts you have written are excellent and the whole thing has a very natural feel. I think you have made a great job of the violin in particular (I liked the little bouncing bow touch at 15-16secs) although I would like to vary the volume throughout the violin part more in order to add more feeling.

I really enjoyed this though....well done!!

Frank
    PS I'm trying to remember what the programme was, which I have been reminded of, that I used to listen to as boy, in the days of the wireless. (for benefit of the youngsters this preceded the radio! )

It is Liszt. If you want to listen to the "original", get this:

ftp://213.189.138.53/Liszt_Liebestraeume.mp3

Regarding your interpretation, I would recommend staying in the low range of expression control for the violin to get a softer tone.
    fmfgs

And it's NOT a "waltz". (Sound of Liszt rolling in grave!)

bosone,

Whatever it is you did a fine job! Your rendition is simply delightful. And about the Liszt - Chopin mixup, it happens among composers today.

Thanks for posting this.

Gary Garritan

It is originally Liszt.
    Maybe bosone found an original Chopin Nocturn that mimicked liszt.
    Bosone, was the title of the music leavethepastrami ?

This would surely point to a parody on Liszt of wich Chopin wrote. LOL

( Styxx will be proud of my play on words hehehe,,)

Nice job on the arangement though. The violin could use a little more control on the dynamics to help smooth it over a tad.

Thanks for sharing it with us.
    88fingers
    (The Nut )

www.waveav8.com

Bosone,

Very nice. Me like! It makes me feel very calm. I love Nocturnes!

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

yeah, you seem right!
    i will correct the name on my file! :-)
    i am downloading the mp3 suggested and will listen it at home!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast