• Register
  • Help

Topic: ComputerMusic w/ Free Garritan String Samples

Share/Bookmark

ComputerMusic w/ Free Garritan String Samples

I just got my November 04 copy of ComputerMusic. It contains a tutorial modestly titled (on the cover, anyway) "The Ultimate Orchestra". It looks like a good beginner overview with some .mid and .mp3 files on the accompanying CD.

The CD also contains 169 Garritan String Samples "taken directly from Garritan Personal Orchestra". The instruments represented are violin, viola, cello and bass.

It looks like much of the info in the article is also in the GPO documentation.

I haven't had time to dig in to much of it yet. The samples are in .wav format. The collection is called "GPO Ultralite Samples".

I hope this helps get out the message on GPO and Gary's work.

Re: ComputerMusic w/ Free Garritan String Samples

Are you sure it says GPO samples? It should have read "taken directly from Garritan Orchestral Strings". Seems like they got it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by dLee
    I just got my November 04 copy of ComputerMusic. It contains a tutorial modestly titled (on the cover, anyway) "The Ultimate Orchestra". It looks like a good beginner overview with some .mid and .mp3 files on the accompanying CD.

The CD also contains 169 Garritan String Samples "taken directly from Garritan Personal Orchestra". The instruments represented are violin, viola, cello and bass.

It looks like much of the info in the article is also in the GPO documentation.

I haven't had time to dig in to much of it yet. The samples are in .wav format. The collection is called "GPO Ultralite Samples".

I hope this helps get out the message on GPO and Gary's work.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Are you sure it says GPO samples? It should have read "taken directly from Garritan Orchestral Strings". Seems like they got it wrong.
    The front cover of the CD says "...taken directly from Garritan Personal Orchestra".

The back cover says "...taken directly from Garritan Orchestral Strings".

The Editor's Welcome in the magazine mentions ..."Gary Garritan's acclaimed Orchestral Strings sample library...".

Most other times the samples are referred to as "the Garritan string samples".

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    GAry, Dlee's correct. It's probably a little mistake that won't do you any harm at all!

Frank

Go Back to forum