• Register
  • Help

Topic: Should I try to load the drivers now?!?!?

Share/Bookmark

Should I try to load the drivers now?!?!?

Ok, what have I done to make GS3 hate me? I've kept transcriptions of the great Whitney Houston works to a minimum... yet I now receive a terrible error message:

"Kernel Drivers Not Loaded-
    The system drivers for GigaStudio are not currently loaded. If this situation continues please contact Technical Support [haha]. Should I try to load the drivers now?"

I tell it yes, but I guess it fails in its attempts at loading the drivers.

This is really cutting into my important work of orchestrating the complete catalog of Kenny G. guys... any suggestions short of a complete re-install?

GS3 Orchestra 3.1
    Win XP Pro SP1
    PII 266 with MMX technology
    16 MB RAM
    Jason DeWater aka Lickety-Split
    Very busy, yet always unproductive.
    Some of my music is here:
    http://www.audiostreet.net/jasondewater

Re: Should I try to load the drivers now?!?!?

That problem used to occur in 2.5 when the audio drivers hadn't started yet. The problem was, Giga would try to load it's stuff, find no drivers to attach to, and then it was stuck. Now we can click "yes" and unstick it.

Your audio drivers may be corrupted. I'd unload/load those first. After you do that and do a full re-boot, give the machine a minute or so to settle in before launching Giga. In fact, a full re-boot and a decent wait may solve it.

If those things fail, reload Giga. It's pretty quick as long as you don't reload the content.

-JF

That is a strange coincidence. I received this very error message for the first time tonight! I simply clicked 'yes', and it seemed to load up the drivers and everything ran okay. No further issues on subsequent launches of GS, but now I'm a bit nervous (I had recently updated my Delta 1010 drivers to the GSIF-2 version but had run GS many times since with no issues.)

Something to do with the 3.01 patch maybe?

-- David

Post Re: Should I try to load the drivers now?!?!?

P 266 and 16mb of ram, funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Existence
    That is a strange coincidence. I received this very error message for the first time tonight! I simply clicked 'yes', and it seemed to load up the drivers and everything ran okay. No further issues on subsequent launches of GS, but now I'm a bit nervous (I had recently updated my Delta 1010 drivers to the GSIF-2 version but had run GS many times since with no issues.)

Something to do with the 3.01 patch maybe?

-- David
    As I wrote above, it has always been a problem if Giga is launched before your audio drivers are initialized. With GS2.5 when this happened you were hosed. A reboot was the only remedy. Now we just have to click "yes" and it starts right up (normally, anyway). It's a nice and welcomed improvement.

-JF

Go Back to forum