• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Miriben Ari - All I can say is WOW!

Share/Bookmark

Miriben Ari - All I can say is WOW!

I'm not sure if anyone here has heard of her, but they call her a "Hip-Hop Violinist" Although I'm not really into hiphop I was amazed at her talent and it has to be the most creative use of a violin I've seen. Just thought alot of you might like it. Check out the video of her live on the site. (especially the live set about half way though the video) http://www.miriben-ari.com/main.html

Liam

Re: Miriben Ari - All I can say is WOW!

Word.....

!

I am not much of a hip-hop person either, but that is definitely cool. Thanks for the post.

All she's actually doing is playing some classically orientated riffs. I suppose that's new in the hip hop world. She's no Paganini though.

Can someone please direct link me to the Windows Media file? I click the link and it just takes me to the Universal site - Media Player doesn't start or anything. The Real link works, but I refuse to upgrade RealPlayer to RealOne just to play it.

Thanks!

When I click on "media" I get a new menu on the right where I can click on "windows" and download the windows media file. It works on my computer.

David

She's pretty good. But they said it themselves in the EPK- she started out classical, did a couple jazz albums and then met a hip-hop producer. She just went where the money was. At least the hip-hop people might be discovering real instruments.

Call me an old fashioned 1$^*)&*___(^$((%$%+)))_+%^ bas......person, but this is the sign of the times I'm afraid.

These days it's not enough to be talented, you've also got to be youthful, good looking and fashion concious.....Thankfully I fail on all four counts Nigel Kennedy started the trend I think. Even with all those assets you probably still have to know someone, or be lucky enough to be spotted!

Aaaah Wellll....

Frank

PS Vanessa Mae is another in this new mould http://www.vanessa-mae.com/ ...I mean you wouldn't have got Kathleen Ferrier (the great contralto) or Jacqueline Du Pre prancing around like that.....It's all about image today....

I am all for cross cultural experiments so I guess this is good. Hip hop has great grooves but is very often lacking in the melodic department. The violin introduces people to something else.
    Now as far as being creative, I don't think playing the melody of a few hihop hits alongside the original recording is really doing it for me. this is an off shoot of the Kerokae disaster.
    Violin players have always had great chops so I guess this artist is not special by any means except for the fact that she is the first one being marketed as hip hop violonist. It was entertaining to watch for a few minutes....

Go Back to forum