• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO 2 Features - A Bit of Fun

Share/Bookmark

Talking GPO 2 Features - A Bit of Fun

Having just read the current list of new features, fixes and updates to the free upgrade of GPO, it got me thinking `What in the world can Gary add for GPO 2?' I mean, his free update provides more than any other companies for a fee upgrades! So.....I thought I'd give a shot at what I'd expect and wanted to see what you all are expecting. Add to the list, nothing is out of bounds! (Well, maybe *some* things are. Styxx, leave goats out of this! )

What I expect from GPO 2:

1) Included live small symphony from a small eastern European country in the box.

2) Euphoniums!

3) Home phone numbers to all major orchestral directors for arrangement assistance.

4) Voice activiated notation software, with optional mind controlled input device.

5) 1st Violinist doll with pull string that has the doll say things like `I don't *do* Brahms.' `The second violinists are in my space' `I don't care if the director wants to take it at that tempo. Either speed it up by 2 BPMS or I'm outta here!'

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Re: GPO 2 Features - A Bit of Fun

Predictive pitch algorithm:

"Okay, I just played a C#. What notes should come next to finish the melody?"

Productivity bundle:

"New! 300 hours of sleep included in each box!"

I'd come up with a few more, but I need some sleep...
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

GPO Cappacino machine plug-in - for those long thirty three hour days.

GPO Quantum Continum plug-in - Running out of time and the flux capacitor is down again, no problem, simply freeze the stream of time and take all the "extra" time you need to get that mock-up JUST RIGHT!

GPO Sledge Hammer - So you can "fix" Finale once and for all. (Darn thing still freezes on me! Oh well, that's why I'm trying to learn Overture. YiPee!!! Thanks Joseph.)

GPO Instacomposer Tool - Have a vauge idea, let Instacompser do the rest!

GPO Studio Contract Tool - Give yourself projects for life by upgrading to the GPO Studio Contract Tool. Now, not only will you be working with your favorite program on scores for film and television, thanks to the GPO Studio Contract Tool, you will be set for life. Enjoy!

Clones of Gary and Tom - so we have instant access to trouble shooting.

Oh wait...

...we already do! :-)

I'm sure I'll think of more!!

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

A sitter, Nanny or some way to have someone else shag these kids around so I can have one lengthy week to learn all of this once and for all.
    Styxx

Hell, if we're going this route -- how about GPO with a couple of very sweet groupies?

i really hope that next version of GPO will have a neural interface connected directly to my brain, so that:

1) i load GPO instance and immediately it "knows" which instruments to load
    2) i just think a note or a melody and it is played and recorded on sonar...

:-D

Quote Originally Posted by bosone
    i really hope that next version of GPO will have a neural interface connected directly to my brain, so that:

1) i load GPO instance and immediately it "knows" which instruments to load
    2) i just think a note or a melody and it is played and recorded on sonar...

:-D
    Yeah? Well what happens when a note sticks?
    I am thinking of the overtone and ramifications something like this would bring about. Imagine having _ _ _ all the sounds you could come up with!
    Styxx

(Well, maybe *some* things are. Styxx, leave goats out of this!
    LFO, I just noticed this! LOL!!!!!!

Bhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Lost

Clones of Gary and Tom - so we have instant access to trouble shooting.

Oh wait...

...we already do! :-)

Jonny
    How about a Tom Superhero Action Figure

Freaking Awesome!!!!

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Go Back to forum